Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision in New G400 Bios/Powerdesk

Hi, just wanted to let you know, that if you
    want to watch your DVDs on your TV set, you should not install Bios 1.5 and Powerdesk 5.15.
    If your DVD has a Macrovision Protection, the only thing you will see is a green screen. When I reinstalled the old version, everything was alright again (the usual macrovision picture, which can be "repaired" with a video decoder)

I don't know right know if it's in the Bios or Powerdesk.

Maybe someone else can check that.

That certainly should be Powerdesk 5.13!

Comment

I can't see how that could be true. The macrovision encoding just plays havoc with the Auto Gain Control in your VCR - it can't make a screen go green.
      Also, playing straight to a TV will always work, encoded or not.
      Did other playback on the TV-Out work? Did it work with a non encoded DVD?

Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

Nonencoded DVD worked, Screen cloning worked to, but I'll have another try this evening to check if it is just the
        bios...
        I saw something alike with the cinemaster software player and my former Asus V3400TNT when I used the newest Drivers and a Macrovision DVD.

The player complained about a Macrovision-error and didn't show a picture...

Comment

Seems like you may have some other DVD software which is interfering with your DVD player. Clear out all DVD players apart from the one you use, which should be Matrox'.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X