Old trick, matrox!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old trick, matrox!!!!!!

The so called "production delay" claimed by matrox towards their continual delays in MAX delivery is simple dirt cheap lies. They have over-state the production yield of their chips by their sales and marketing, I dont think their deisgn and chip engineering people wouldnt predict the target yield of thie chip, with the given design and production process. Dont cheat with child excuse, matrox, u screw up again and again. ROTFL......till half-live and half-dead.....

To prove anything, do u see G400 ordinary around these days, a lot of,... and their dont need "production" at all, they are godsend items....

hahahhahaha.....

[This message has been edited by tylau (edited 08-07-99).]

Comment

Tylau, why don't you post this at Matrox themselves???

You're long enough on these fori that you know you shouldn't say something like that...

Come on, you don't want to end your days in the same corner as DJ/notM&M.... Please??

Just wait like the rest of us, and hey, maybe you'll have a fab card in 2 weeks time !!!

Jorden, at ease...
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yea it is true that there are problems with the production yeilds for the G400 but it is not Matrox's fault, it's NEC's. You see NEC fabs the chips for the G400 and they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand for the G400 chips. They may also not be putting their best effort forward on it since they are also fabbing their own chip, for the early Sept release of the Dreamcast console. Of course this last part is only speculation but then again so is your shit.

Joel

Comment

Arn't other companies having problems also getting there products out of the factory. It's not just Matrox. Anyway if you're really pissed off why not buy a plain G400 slap a fan on it and overclock. Then use the money saved on another bit for your comp.
          God damn the server ate my username

Comment

nVidia can't meet demand either. The Hercules UltraTNT2 _still_ isn't out, since they can't get reliable 185mhz chips.

The Guillemot Xentor32 is notorious for poor quality at 175mhz.

The V3-3500, despite being "released" over a week ago is not available. I wonder why?

- Gur...err...dammit...Slartibartfast

------------------
            I used to be a guy named Gurm. I used to have a signature. But that's all gone now. Now, my name is Ash... and I am a slave.

Comment

Pit, you've got the right idea. Of course V3-3500 & Herc TNT2 Ultra have taken forever to come out of the factory.

What's with all this complaining about delays. Sounds like a bunch of babies crying -- if you can't be patient just order a regular G400 -- not a huge difference.

Comment

OJ,
                You are absolutely RIGHT!
                It would take those pre-oreder victim of matrox hypes to be babies or babes to have shut up and sit qiuetly and mourning matrox worshiper for their MAX.

What is you point anyway? Are u in any way related with matrox, that would need to defend that dirt cheap lies? And call the victims babies?

You must be unborn..hmmmm..

Comment

And why do you have such a hard time understanding that because of the such high demand for the G400 that supplies are limited?

Oh , that's right, you know nothing about the manufacturing process or understand supply and demand.

The only thing Matrox has done wrong is to under estimate the popularity of the G400.

Joel

Comment

There is currently a 6-8 week waiting period to get a new VW Jetta. Do you think people are complaining to VW about being a crappy company, simply because they can't crank out enough cars to meet demand? No. When you have a product as popular as the G400, you can't possibly produce enough to go around during the first couple of months.

Andrew
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Greetings Tin Yau Lau,

There are no lies about it. We can't keep up with the demand just like every other popular card that's out there. That simple.

If you want to blame us for something, then blame us for relying on 1 manufacturer to fab our chips rather than having a couple.

And why is it that whenever a client speaks up for Matrox for whatever reason, people automatically assume that they are affiliated with us? Can't anyone have a better comeback than "so you related to matrox?"

I'll never understand this logic

"To prove anything, do u see G400 ordinary around these days"

So how many units do you think we have sold? Don't judge our sales by this forum because we are close to half way of the 6 digit mark of units sold. That figure includes all flavours of the G400.

Regards,

Haig

[This message has been edited by Matrox (edited 08-07-99).]

Comment

Hi Matrox,
                        u got my reocrd and are one of the insiders to matrox. First, I put it that way, I am not blaming u or anyone of the matrox insiders/affiliates on these matters,as u said, why do u think that anybody comes into these forum and say a word on the negative side of your beautiful world would turns him into evil spirit. Not this way certainly.

I do know what matrox account for in terms of market sector. I do not judge matrox on this, cos if I had, I wont have brought Mill2 and G200.

As a matter of fact, I think this is a mis-marketing by over-hyping the MAX version. I personally dont buy the G400 cos I think that it is low performind compared with the MAX and I do not agree with the over-priced MAX. Had matrox not pushing the MAX so hard that makes me thinking about the oridinary G400 is of low performing vanilla, I might have end up purchased a G400. But now I have buy none from matrox. As well as for many of pre-order victims of this over-marketing camplain, they would have been better served by matrox with the G400 other than being a victim of this hype-it-up and see-me-high marketing hassle. Some has certainly really pissed off.

I am in no way objecting to anyone affiliate or employed by matrox, as they obvious have something to speak for their company. But equally important is someone who spoke up in a forum on the downside doesnt neccessarily a manic who would eat matrox for his lunch.

Comment

Greetings Tin Yau Lau,

"u got my reocrd and are one of the insiders to matrox."

If you are referring to how I know your full name, I do not have any record of you cause it's Saturday night and I am at home. I also have no access to any sales orders even if I was at work.

"I think this is a mis-marketing by over-hyping the MAX version."

Maybe the Max was hyped more than the regular G400 but so what. It was in no way meant that the regular G400 was greatly inferior.

"I am in no way objecting to anyone affiliate or employed by matrox,..."

You did accuse OJ of it in this thread. Other people on other threads accuse other clients like yourself the same way just because they defend matrox. Why?

This is what I see on many threads:

Client A: "Matrox is lying, cheating, etc"

Client B: "Your wrong, you're full of it, etc."

Client A: "Do you have anything to do with matrox? Are you related to matrox?, etc"

Why does client A always have to come back with this type of nonesense?

Regards,

Haig

Comment

Re: bashing matrox
                            yeah, it gets out of hand some times, but think about the reasoning...

Matrox produces high quality cards, and, in general, is managed very well. (How many other companies release full specs for their cards with as little resistance as Matrox?)

The unfortunate part of that is that we come to have high expectations. We got a bit irate when the card got delayed, but we were able to deal with it. What erked most, i think, is that Matrox (_please_ correct me if i'm wrong here...) did not make a strong public announcement... the reports of dates we recieved here came from a number of email's from pre-orderers, statements from retailers, and private phone calls. As i've said many, many times, i don't mind waiting for my G400... I just wanted an idea HOW LONG i'll be waiting. As the prices on the competitors cards keep dropping away from what they were when i felt i had put my foot down, i'm more and more tempted to go elsewhere.

Think about it. By the time some of us see max's on the shelf, the card will be 2 1/2 months older then it was when we thought we'd get them, and selling at the same price. I really don't know anymore.
                            Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

Hi GehRehmee,

I'm not arguing about matrox bashing. I just don't see why clients have to accuse other clients of being affiliated with Matrox when these clients defend matrox for whatever reason.

Haig

Comment

Working...
                              X