RRG and premiere crash on record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRG and premiere crash on record

I have never been able to capture video from inside premiere, because it crashes just after i finish capturing...i have to use the matrox vcr but it seems to lose sync on long avis....any suggestions?

------------------
    Link from MoonBase Alpha
    Link from MoonBase Alpha

Are you using Premiere 5.1a?

I sometimes use that with the Marvel G400 with no real problems other than Premiere is a pain to use generally.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

yes, i use 5.1a, and it is a real pain mostly beacuse of the time lost and noises made to access to the mjpeg codec...is there any way to fix this up? And, of course, i can't capture with premiere, i have to use matrox vcr... ((((
      Link from MoonBase Alpha

Comment

do not use matrox capture software
        it's really pure crap and useless (unless
        you only stay in mjpeg only)
        i was using premiere and it was working (althought i had very hard work to use it succesfully)
        now, i use avi_io, it is clearly a lot better
        than premiere (but only for capture)
        with avi_io (no lost of sync AND multiple avi
        AND real time report of lost frames AND IO
        buffer)

but most important, DO NOT USE matrox
        software...(unless you want to loose your
        time)

Comment

Ok then, i'm going to look for this av-io then, but do you have any tips on fixing this damned premiere capture? it really crashes after EVERY capture....

Do you think i should switch to Media Studio Pro? is it better than premiere, or just works better with RR?

Thanks in advance
          Link from MoonBase Alpha

Comment

Premiere has a history of weird crashes that are hard to explain. Some can get it working perfectly and other can't get it to work under any conditions, even with cards supported by Premiere. The consumer Matrox cards are NOT officially supported by Premiere.

Most likely Premiere is overly sensitive to other installed software or even video display driver versions.

MSPro on the other hand works very well for 98% of Matrox users. It is a generic Video for Windows editor that will work with almost any VfW capable hardware.

I've used several versions of MSP over the last two years on the Rainbow Runner, Marvel G200 and Marvel G400 with no problems to speak of .

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 06 November 1999).]

Comment

Hi...

I've just got a Marvel G400 TV, and when i started to use Premiere 5.0, i had serious problems capturing video.

Until... i found the "Utils" (?) folder on the Drivers CD which comes with the card. It has a premiere folder, containing presets and an .ini file for this package. The .ini file goes into premiere's main directory and (i think) disables some function of DirectShow (don't quote me on this ). It's only 2 lines of text, but i don't have access to it at the moment (if someone wants me to post the text, i will).

After doing this, i found capturing in Premiere no problem.

Now all i have to do is stop Premiere crashing when i do everything else

n_s

p.s. apologies if i'm not saying anything new here

Comment

Working...
              X