Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g400max , finally here BUT IT IS SOO SLOW !!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400max , finally here BUT IT IS SOO SLOW !!!!!

I finally got my g400max but compared to my tnt2ultra it is SOOOOOOO SLOWWWWWWWW !

There wasn´t a SINGLE benchmark where the g400max scored higher than the ultra !!!!!!
    The g400max was even slower in direct3d !!!!
    (try to explain THAT , MATROX !!)

Just one example : Unreal 1024*768 direct3d , tnt2u : 45 FPS , g400max : 25 FPS !!!!!! (ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!)

Quake 3 : 1024*768*32 all at maximum : tnt2u : ~29 FPS , g400max ~20 FPS !!!!!!
    (AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!)

(and i have a PIII527 and 384MB RAM !!!)

Even in 3dmark99max the g400max scored LOWER than the tnt2ultra !!!
    (and i always used the newest drivers for both cards !!!!!)

After seeing how bad the g400max performed i
    slapped the
    card back out of my PC and
    in went the tnt2u again !

I decided not to sell the g400max
    because
    i still hope that it is only driver related and not hardware related ;-(

p.s.: all you g400max owners : please try to make the same benchmarks as i have done
    and post the numbers !!! (maybe i have done something wrong

p.p.s.: MATROX : WHEN WILL WE SEE DRIVERS THAT CAN COMPETE !!!!!!???????

3D Mark 99:
    1024x768x32
    32Bit ZBuffer
    Triple frame buffer

System:
    P-III 500
    256Mb PC100
    Tyan Tiger 100
    G400 Max

Default clocks

Result: 4262 3DMarks

It this can help (?)

Comment

I have a 16MB Xentor clocked at 170/195, it scores 4433 at 1024x768 32bbp 24bbp Z. I havent tested my G400 yet with my new cpu - celeron 366@568

Comment

There's definitely something wrong. I get 29 FPS in Unreal at 1024x768x32, and I only have a Celeron 416. Make sure you uninstalled all the TNT2's drivers and don't have any Powerstrip stuff lying around. Something isn't right...

Comment

What is the size of your AGP texture size in your bios?

Haig

Comment

Hi Haig...

Maybe you can help me, about the G400 Chipset:

Is "Peer 2x" means something to you?
            I heard of this, from a Matrox employee. Is it a reg. hack? What it does?

After, he said "Customers are not supposed to know this..." (It was a Tech-to-Tech discussion)

Nothing more on this. He left my in a complete mystery. The only hint he gave me, is "The peer 2x mode have some issues while activated at high speed. A downclocked G400 in peer 2x mode is a way faster than the Max at normal clock."

Comment

Haig , agp texture size was at 128 or 256 , am not sure about that ..but i have 384 MB anyway so i think it is not that important ..

I get over 50 FPS in quake3 with my tnt2ultra (170/210) at 1024*768*16 all details at the max except sky (off) and only bilinear !
              As long as the g400max score doesn´t even come close to that i won´t use it again ...;(

Comment

Well, The vanilla G400 beats the vanilla TNT2...My friend has a nearly identical system as mine, execpt he bought a PII400. We also went seperate ways with the video card he's got the TNT2 and I have the G400...anyways,
                3dmark99 MAX
                800x600x16
                Triple frame buffer

Results:
                G400: 3539
                TNT2: 3481

------------------
                Pentium II 350mhz (@412 4*103...can anyone gimme a P3?) 256PC100 Ram, 8.4gig WD, Vanilla G400 32mb, Diamond MX300

hi

Comment

Hey guys, you may not believe this, even V3 scores 4995 on 3DMark99 Max at 1024x768x16, triple buffer on with a P3-504, and scores 3950 on 1280x1024x16. With the poor performance of OGL, I am wondering if the G400 is able to compete with the rest of us.
                  cheat me once, shame on you; cheat me twice, shame on me. I heard this somewhere somehow

Comment

"g400max : 25 FPS !!!!!!"
                    "maybe i have done something wrong"
                    "agp texture size was at 128 or 256 , am not sure about that ..but i have 384 MB anyway so i think it is not that important .."

Yup, you did something wrong, you have been given a good suggestion, but you blew it off! I hope it fixes itself.

Matt

Comment

Ragsdale , even if i could get 30 or 35 Fps in Unreal at 1024*768 ...WHO CARES ???
                      My other card , tnt2ultra achieves 45 FPS and my v2SLI cards get 55 FPS !!!!
                      So in the end , g400max just sucks ..that is all for now ...,maybe it changes in the future with new drivers but NOW , my g400max SUCKS !!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I know you don't know how to set your cards up, but what are you griping about? You knew before you bought the stinkin' card that it was not the fastest out there in OpenGL(yet), but you buy it, and now you have the nerve to come in here and "G400 sux!!!!!, I am mad!!!!, I not gonna Take IT!!!, DAMN IT!!!!, V2SLI...!!!!, TNT2...!!!!" Christ, get a life. If you need help setting your card up then accept the advice you are getting from knowledgable people like Haig, otherwise, why post this shit, it isn't enlightening anyone, and you sure don't seem to want any help.

Matt

Comment

YOU FOOL !!!!!!!!

I meant UNREAL in direct3d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Not opengl !!!!!!!

I knew opengl sucks , but i always thought
                          g400max is strong at direct3d !!!!!
                          The fact is , it is at best as fast as tnt2ultra !!!

And please STOP defending the matrox guys !
                          THEY CAN SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES !!!

And i think IT IS VERY ENLIGHTNING for the others to know that FOR NOW it is better NOT TO BUY a g400max ! (this can change rapidly when new drivers are released though)

Comment

Listen, you're the only FOOL around here.
                            http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy Look here for a complete description. Any how, if you even had half a brain, you could get better performance out of unreal, I have a lesser card, and at the same resolution I get better scores, You Jack Off!
                            " Quake 3 : 1024*768*32 all at maximum : tnt2u : ~29 FPS , g400max ~20 FPS !!!!!!
                            (AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!)"

I suppose you can't figure this one out, either. Is your dad's name Jerry?

I have seen many positive posts about the G400Max, so I think you are full of shit. Everyone who wants to spend a little pre shopping investigation, can see where the G400's weakness's are. I think the biggest weakness yours has is the loose nut that put it in.

Matt

Comment

Hey ragsdale, who lit the fuse on your tampon? The guy's having a problem, is a bit upset, and you're just insulting him. How does this help anyone?

------------------
                              Sticks and stones may break my bones,
                              But a six foot blonde in leather and high heels... wait..

*wanders off scratching head*

Real men don't spend 20 minutes writing a .sig

Comment

Working...
                              X