Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox millenium G200 Opengl Problems

I have a matrox Millenium G200 running on a
    PII-350 win98 DirectX 6.1 with all the latest drivers and bios.
    Since i got this card a few weeks ago,
    Every program/game/screensaver etc, that uses opengl crashed whenever i tried running it. That includes quake 3, Halflife and more.
    I tried installing old drivers.
    I have a friend that has the same problem and he formatted his Harddrive and it didn't help.

Is there anyone there that is familiar with
    this problem?
    if there anyone that can help me I would very appreciate it.

thanks in advance..

Locke

Yeah I am having the same problems. It sucks that I can't play Quake 3. Although I can but it doesn't run that fast. Try downloading Scitech's GLDirect. www.scitechsoft.com
    p.s. For Half-Life download the D3D Wrapper in the driver/bios/utils section under opengl.

Comment

What ever you do, DO NOT get DirectGL! If you do, make sure to back up your windows Opengl32.dll, and Glu32.dll for when you uninstall it, after seeing it does no good. It will not replace the proper files, and your OGL will not work at all.

Also, the wrapper is only for old versions of Powerdesk (before 4.51). A real ICD is included in all drivers from 4.51 and up, removing the need for a wrapper.

I have had no problems with 5.13 on my G200. All OGL works fine, with no trace of a wrapper, or DirectGL...

Comment

Kruzin,
        I'm glad (although not surprised), that you have your G200 working just fine. Since you're in the Beta prog., do you know if there has been any headway in eliminating the corrupted Half-Life/ technicolor Quake issues that many of us are having?

-Wombat

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, Half-Life has become unplayable (crashes or hands when saving) on my system, both in D3D and OGL. A couple of driver and HL versions ago, it was working OK. Hexen 2 has never run on anything but the wrapper for me. Every time a new ICD comes out, I try it again. Every time it crashes immediately. I am on an ASUS P2B-DS, 1 PII-333, 128 Mb, Mill G200, latest BIOS (1.04), PowerDesk 5.13, latest HL (1.0.1.0). Any help, suggestions or other data points would be appreciated: I'm really staring to miss Half-Life.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I am getting the texture corruption in HL also. Walls and floor sometimes turn into blocky multicolored squares (only in OGL mode, I think).

Comment

I have the same prob. OGL ICD doesnt work.

I have Pdesk 5.15 + Video tools 1.50 (since i also have rr g-ser).

The icd seems only work with 3dsmax, but crashes the computer when trying to use for other ogl software - like sgi demos, q2 etc.

I have just pulled out all my pci cards and reinstalled the drivers - no difference, ogl icd still crashes my computer when im trying to use it... :-((((((

anyone who knows what i can do (exept buy a card not from matrox - mail me)...

Comment

I just can't get open gl to work at all without the d3d wrapper or GLDirect. It always locks up right after the game starts. When I use the ICD Beta 2 it goes super slow. I don't know what to do. Somebody please help me. I have tried everything. I have a Millenium G200 SD PCI card.

Comment

If you have installed GLDirect (which is basically a generic wrapper), it has replaced your windows opengl32.dll and glu32.dll files in the windows\system folder with it's own files. This is why you can't do any OGL without it. When removed, GLD does not replace those files as it should. Windows needs these files for OGL work. These files are packed in a couple of the .CAB files on your windows CD. Uninstall GLD, replace these files with the correct version, and try again.

Comment

Working...
                  X