Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HG400 DH-Europe : DVD black&white

Hi,

I own a G400 DH since 2 days. I have the following problem: While my games etc. run fine, I have problems with watching DVD´s.
    I only get a black&white signal to my TV (Sony) while playing DVD. I have the correct settings in Matrox Display setting (PAL Europe). One thing is while manipulating on the TV cable (pull it out, plug it back to TV again) I suddenly get the color signal and I can watch DVD in color. So where is the problem? Is it from the G400 ? When I plug a second Monitor the color signal is very good...so no probs here

Mike, your key phrase was:

One thing is while manipulating on the TV cable (pull it out, plug it back to TV again) I suddenly get the color signal and I can watch DVD in color

This tells me that the G400 is output is just fine, it sounds like you have either a bad extension cable, or a faulty socket on your TV. To me, it sound like the extension cable is shorted, which explains why you get signal with it only partially plugged in (signal works up until the ground - outer section - is connected). If the connectors on your extension cable can be opened, do so and check the solder joints, if not buy a new cable - find yourself a retailer that will take it back in case it is a problem with the socket on the TV.

James

Comment

It´s a brand new cable. Anyhow I tried both possibilites
      1. Buying a S-VHS cable and connecting. NO go..I only can watch DVD´s black&white
      2. Buying a new Video cable....still black&white, but plugging it back into TV again it show´s colors.....
      3. Another interesting point: While watching a DVD in color and stopping DVD playback (ending DVD-player) and reopening the Softwareplayer I get again only black&white playback.
      4. There´s another user from Germany in another forum describing exact the same problem. So I think it´s related to the G400, sending a bad signal to the TV !

Probably I could try to connect it to another TV, but I have to find one :-)

5. I never had problems with my DVD playback using Creatives mpeg card, while forcing setting the switch "output to PAL"

Comment

Mike, from what you are saying I can only assume that you have a multi-standard TV, and that it is not identifying the incoming signal properly.

This would explain why it works when you unplug and then plug back in - when you first lauch DVD-max the signal out changes, and your TV does not switch to the correct mode, when you plug it in the second time the TV sees the signal and switches modes accordingly. This would also explain why exiting the application and restarting also results in B&W output. It seems your TV needs a no signal condition before it will switch modes.

This is all assumption of course..

Have you tried switching your TV off then back on again when in B&W?

[This message has been edited by Stez2 (edited 08-07-99).]

Comment

Hi,

that´s it !!!!! When I start playback of DVDs and as 2nd step switching my TV on the video channel everything is just perfect !!

:-))))

Comment

Working...
          X