5.13 G400 driver version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.13 G400 driver version

Hi: In the Matrox download site it mentioned the G400 driver version is 4.11.01.2110.
    But I installed it and the display tab said it is 4.11.01.1130??
    I downloaded it near end of July which I think should be the lastest version after 7/19.
    Can anyone clarify for me??? Thanks.

Btw, Do I still need VBEXT.EXE if I am using Gx00VBE.COM???

Have fun, GTI. (G400 16M DH)

Same here, DL it 07/25, shows 4.11.01.1130 with 5.13.020 PowerDesk. Never installed older driver prior, went with DL version from start.

Comment

Being a beta tester and knowing what I am currently testing I would think that what is list on the web page might be a typo. I will ask Haig when I can and see if we can get a definte answer.

Joel

Comment

During the past year that I've had a G200, the driver version has never made much sense. I'd just go by the powerdesk version number.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks for the comment. I guess it doesn't matter too much.
          Some more questions:
          1. Do I need to use VBEXT.EXE in Autoexec.bat if I also use Gx00VBE.COM?? I want to save that 16K if it is not necessary.
          2. Some games like EA's FIFA99 doesn't seems to support G400 and I can't change the resolution to 1024X768. Any clue or workaround??

Thanks. I am only a 4 days Matrox owner and I am more impressed with my G40016M DH everyday I use it. And this forum is the best I have seen. No need to mess with my news server again.

Comment

GTI:
            One of the fixes used in another game by EA (NFS3) involved changing the name of the voodoo2a.dll to d3da.dll and then running the game with a "-voodoo2a" command. That may be the case for this game, though I don't know for sure. Apparently, only Voodoo2 SLI can handle 1024x768.

Marius

Comment

Working...
            X