• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open gl drivers for G400 16 mb

When are they out ????????????

cos i only get 30 fps in q2

any ideas fellas

They have been out since the card released. The OGL ICD installed with your video drivers (otherwise you couldn't play Q2 in OGL at all).

Comment

Hi, I have the 16meg OEM G400, and I am getting 67fps with Q2 using the supplied drivers. Seems to me you have a problem somewhere. I deinstalled my G200 as directed in the readme, and it worked straight off. The Voodoo2 I have been using running Q2 gave me 55, so though the G400 is beaten by some other cards, its certainly no slouch using its ICD, and has now made my Voodoo2 redundant
      By the way, I am wondering if the 16meg is easier to O'clock than the 32meg G400, I just started overclocking mine last night and got it up to 300 Sclk, Gclock was running at 150 with the Mclk at 200, the temperature went from a normal 29C, to only 30C. (Its cooled with a CPU fan, the probe stuck in the heatsink fins, the case is well ventalated. I only ran it fo about 50 minutes as it was very late, but will try it again tonight.
      Don't despair, the guys here will sort you out, the G400 is a really great card.

Comment

So wot machine you got then yozzer m8

spec for mine is
        K6-2AMD 350
        128 sdram
        asus mb 100 mhz BABY AT
        G400 16 mb (crap fps 30 ffs in q2 ????

Comment

Hey LD50 Vw camper,

Your problem is not the G400 card but the nature of the AMD chip when running Quake based games. This has always been an issue because the Quake based games are optinized for the FPU of the Intel chips leaving AMD chips at a disadvantage. I have an AMD K6-2/400 and at 1024x768x32bit I'm only able to get around 37fps, but to me this is more than playable and even in heavy situations I very seldom see slowdowns that cause any game play problems.

So the real culprit here is not the Matrox G400 but the AMD chip and it's FPU when running Quake based games that have been optimized for the Intel FPU.

Joel

Comment

Working...
          X