Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends, G400 users, BE6 users...lend me your ears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends, G400 users, BE6 users...lend me your ears.

Jam,

I have an Abit-BE6 running just fine with a G400. Whoever told you they dont like each is other is mistaken.

I now have an Abit BE6 and a Celeron 366 running at 550. I had a G200, but wanted more speed and, at a friend's suggestion, picked up a V770.

It's very fast and generally runs ok, although I can't get it to look very well in 1152. When running in 1152, it's actually crashed a few times.

If I can get the same speed (in D3D games, I don't care about OpenGL) and reliability with the G400 (or the Max), but better display, I think I'll take the V770 back (I have up to three more weeks to decide).

Can you tell me what kind of performance you're getting with your BE6 system and your G400? Do you play D3D games? Play halflife, by any chance?

thanks!

Comment

Friends, G400 users, BE6 users...lend me your ears.

Long story short time:

Guy builds himself a computer from scratch. Motherboard = Abit BE6, video = Matrox G400 DualHead (32MB?). Computer go boom everytime he installs G400 drivers and tries to run outside VGA mode (multiple thin messed up desktops appear all jumbled up. Sounds like a refresh rate problem to me, but this is only what I was told). He takes G400 back to store and they say BE6 and G400 no like each other (i.e. incompatible).

I say the store is full of it and wanted him to shell out the extra cash for a TNT2 Ultra...but I could be wrong. DISCLAIMER: I personally had nothing to do with the construction of this computer, but I am very curious to hear from BE6/G400 users on the forum.

Jammrock

------------------
      PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hi all,
        I've just built a new system based on an Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz etc. It works with my G400 32MB DH just fine. Very Swift, no crashes, solid as a rock (so far)

Chris.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I thought that store was full of it. I guess that's what happens when 2 software guys get together and attempt to do hardware work/troubleshooting. Oh well.

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Since my wife was drastically eating into my computer time I felt compelled to build a new system(for me of course. Abit BE6 working fine here with the G400 on a P3 450 overclocked to 600 MHz.

Comment

Since my wife was drastically eating into my computer time I felt compelled to build a new system(for me of course). Abit BE6 working fine here with the G400 on a P3 450 overclocked to 600 MHz.

Comment

Working...
              X