Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaze 3D rocks the balls off (2400 MTexels/s) !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glaze 3D rocks the balls off (2400 MTexels/s) !

What do you think if you would have 3d accelerator, which would be seven times faster than buggy g400 and offer superior image quality, well in Q1 2K you can buy such. Bitboys Oy from Finland has announced their new Glaze 3d, which offer 2400 MTexels/s fill rate and 30 million triangles per second. The chip has only 1,5 million transistors (compare NV10 ca. 20 million) and 18 Megs on-die embedded memory plus up to 256 off-die memory. The memory bus is 512 bits wide.

I think that your brand new G400 is going to be extremely old shit pretty soon. I go for my good old g200 and wait for BETTER times. NV 10 and Napalm will be too concervative products, which can't compete with Glaze3d.

You can fight which will be better TNT2 Ultra or G400...zzzzzzzz, but thats not the issue, because near future will bring something completely different. By the way chip is sampling in the moment @0,20 micron by Siemens.

Had a nice DAy !
    -Meitsi

Check this out. (demo available)

www.bitboys.fi

[This message has been edited by Meitsi (edited 08-04-99).]

[This message has been edited by Meitsi (edited 08-04-99).]

Eeeerrrrrr...By Quarter 1 2000 I won't even be owning a G400 - I'll have upgraded my card by then. Foolish boy.

Comment

Coily,

I'll eat my shorts if you'll have faster card than Glaze3D by the end of Q1. No matter what brand as long as it's under 250USD.

B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 08-04-99).]

Comment

I hate to say this Buuri - but there is no final silicon for the Glaze3D - The due date for delivery of the Retail model is Quarter 1 2000!

What I'm saying is that by the time the Glaze3D is released - there will be other cards out on the market - AND the G400 will be OBSOLETE.

Believe me, if the Glaze3D is as good as the specs say it is - I'll be the FIRST in the queue.

Me? I just like flaming newbies...

Comment

Isn't this the same Bitboys Oy that announced a revolutionary, earth-shattering card over a year ago, and then quietly announced 6 months later that they would never release it?

Wasn't that card also called the "Glaze"?

And 2.5 years ago, did the same group announce that they would release the "Pyramid 3D", which would make everything else look like crap?

And didn't that chip also never get produced?

I thought so.

- Gurm

------------------
          Sig? SIG? We don't NEED no STINKIN' SIG!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

LOL oh blow me, that was funny hey oh blow me is better than MM's dam oh no

on a side note. im waiting for the 2q 2000 release of the vodoo 6 it has a liquid cristal memory matrix embedded in the geomity processor with 2 gig of memory and yada yada yada, i will beleave what any manufature says when i own the card and or the chip is relesed for production and others have and test the product.

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 08-04-99).]

Comment

HAHHAH by the time you have your Glaze 3D 2400 I'll pre-order my G600 with true dithered motion/particle blur and 17 level single-cycle Depth of Field pass.

------------------
              It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice. - Scooter

Comment

By the time Glaze 3D comes out, it's features will be average. Even though they seem appealing now. There are pc addons right NOW (like RenderDrive) that do hardware raytracing, perfect lighting/shadowing, and V. Fog for professional 3d apps, by the year 2000, most of these will be implemented in videocards, and prices will drop (RenderDrive is $14,000 unfortunately). Glaze 3D would only be big news if it got released within the next month...
                ------------------

------------------
                [StorM]
                C583 w/256Mb, ABit BX6r2
                Waiting for the G400MAX

Comment

G600 with true dithered motion/particle blur and 17 level single-cycle Depth of Field pass??????

Hehe.....isn't there a 18 level single-cycle???

Comment

Meitsi:

I was just wondering. Did you type this with one hand?

Bill
                    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

---------------------------------------------
                      Isn't this the same Bitboys Oy that announced a revolutionary, earth-shattering card over a year ago, and then quietly announced 6 months later that they would never release it?
                      Actually Bitboys first announced the Glaze 3D chip about a year ago, and gave Q4 99 as a possible ship date. Their latest press release was just to let people know they were still around and announce new features add to their Glaze 3D project. Also to announce actual products, and that their release would be pushed back to Q1 2000. How often do products get pushed back in this industry? =)

Wasn't that card also called the "Glaze"?
                      They never announced a actual product only the 3D chip, and yes it was and still is called the Glaze 3D.

And 2.5 years ago, did the same group announce that they would release the "Pyramid 3D", which would make everything else look like crap?
                      No that was another company. I believe two of Bitboys empolyees worked for that company however. They are the ones that came up with Enviroment Bump mapping. The Pyramid 3D did actualy make everything out at the time look like crap in comparison, but it wasn't fast enough to compete.

And didn't that chip also never get produced?
                      I don't think the board went into mass production, but I do know Boot Mag had a review board which they did a review with in one of their early issues. However, as I said before that was not Bitboys. I can understand people being skeptical, but after having many conversation with Petri Nordlund, I feel confident that the Glaze 3D will make it to the market. I seem to remember a lot of people being skeptical of 3dfx's first consumer product the Voodoo 1. If it doesn't come out so what? The threat of something like the Glaze 3D coming out to the market will only push the other companies that much more. Which is good for us, the customers! =) If it does come out then more power to Bitboys! (Until then I'll just enjoy the G400)

Dave (Gen3D Network)

Comment

all right i have had enough of this shit after last week and over 100 posts to manoj i cannot believe you don't get it yes its a gorgeous card if it's not ****ing vaporware the demo was fabulous still playing it it's so nice hurrah for the boys from finland NOW GET THE **** OFF THIS BOARD AND TAKE IT TO GENERAL HARDWARE, GODDAMMIT!!!

-------------
                        Holly

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Temper, temper now Holly!

Comment

oh #$&^%$ off, Steve, what the flipping hell is the point of separating the gods-rotted boards if we just have to listen to some bull about some card that has nothing to do with what we're doing here?? Ant's already had to close 2 threads in the past week and he probably only let the d*mn 'oh NO!' thing go on because we were having fun and at least some of us were trying to instruct poor Manoj.

E-f*cking-nough already. If I want to agonize over the vidcard wars, I can just as well spend my time in the godd*mn Shark Tank.

But I've made my decision, so have we all and Ant can't be everywhere. It's time we policed ourselves.

Go make yourself useful (instead of making weak 'lets-all-play-nice' noises) and wake up Father Joel and the Acolyte of M; it's time for an exorcism in the Church...and while we're at it, maybe it's time we posed a blasted FAQ so that people could keep this straight...it doesn't seem hard to me, but maybe they're growing them stupider now...

You're a wonderful guy, and I love you, Steve, but don't get in my way when I'm 'in a temper'...if you would like to keep your head on, that is....

I'll send bandages and a fruit basket.... tomorrow.
                            ------------------
                            Holly
                            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Ooh dear, what have I just done? Made an enemy for life? Can 4 words cause so much damage?

Sorry! You do have a point there though dearest Holly.

Comment

Working...
                              X