Haig , g400max STILL SLOW !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig , g400max STILL SLOW !

The g400max is NOW the ONLY card (except for the network card which i need to connect to the internet) in my system and busmastering works fine too (i turned it off in the powerdesk options and the performance was clearly worse than with bm on !). G4set is reporting the right values and the new bios has been flashed to the card ! (the one that has been made public yesterday). Ecc is OFF (and always has been ). Changing the agp aperture size changes NOTHING !
    Changing the PIII FSB changes NOTHING !
    Changing Bios values in the MB Bios changes NOTHING ! (performance just stays slow !)

My system : PIII527 (117 FSB) , Abit BX6rev2 , 384MB RAM (all four banks full !),
    g400max (bios 1.5-22 , 5.13 powerdesk drivers ) , sblive value ..
    The 32bit -Z buffer was ON in the powerdesk options , vsync off (using registry hacks), force agp 2x (registry hacks) .

Test : 3dmark99max !

1600*1200*32 bit , 32 Bit Z-Buffer , triple
    buffering , PIII optimization ON.

1845 3dmarks !!!!!!!!!!

I think that THIS IS WAY TOO SLOW , right ??

Please , cpu >500 and g400(max) users : MAKE THE SAME 3dmark99max TEST AND POST YOUR RESULTS !! (include your system specs and software version specs)

Brother tombman,

Check that IRQ conflict is still not an issue (MAX & network card). What about memory addresses? Never trust plug 'n plague. Trust only the M.

Best thing to do is to remove the network card and test again.

Check System properties for any obvious problems. Right click Computer in the <nobr>Device Manager</nobr> tab and check for resource allocations. Any conflicts?

The Order of M is trying our best to help Brother tombman. Do not give up hope.

May the M be with you.

Acolyte of M.

Comment

Hi tombman,

117 is not quite in specs, don't you think?
      Your mobo's chipset does a hell of a job to interleave all those differently clocked components in your board. Maybe your MGA has to put in waitstates to align with the "window" the BX gives it. Heavy speculation here... Try to bench it on 100MHz FSB, if I'm right, you should be getting higher scores than now. Let us hear.
      All people that run 112 or 125MHz don't have problems, maybe 117 is a little too odd?

l8er,
      Hellmut

Comment

I NEVER HAD ANY CONFLICTS in the system properties !
        I also checked the system information tool (win98) and again no irq conflicts or "problem devices" .

With my tnt2ultra at 170/210 i get

2200 3dmarks

with the same settings !!!!!!!!!!!

BTW , i said changing the FSB has NO EFFECT on the g400max´s performance !!!!!

[This message has been edited by tombman (edited 08-04-99).]

Comment

Tombman stop shouting they're only trying to help. It worth trying removing the network card just in case. Also have you tried loading the Bios defaults on your motherboard stranger things have happened.
          I can't do the same 3dmark test since I haven't got the full version. But at 800x600 16 bit defaults I got 4044 if I remember correctly.
          Sometime conflicts don't always show themselfs in windoze or if they do it doesn't always flag them and you may scroll past when your checking.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hey Tomb, Ive been watching your panic which is making me sweat as well..Ill have my Max within hours, ups is dropping it today.Im running a PIII500@560 "112"fsb, 256pc133,sblive,3com905b sli voodoo's..Ill be benching it all this evening and try and catch up with you.

Shaun

Comment

Hey tombman,

Try as Haig suggested and remove all but one of your memory modules. Or at least remove the one furthest from your processor

I have almost the same system as yours. I am currently running at (124 FSB)with 2/3AGP. My system scales nicely with my FSB settings.

I made up this file with the all the User Defined Settings for the ABIT BX6 rev2. If you want save it, fill it out and copy+paste it into a reply on this thread. We'll get your system running.
              home.att.net/~albpm/BX6rev2Bios.txt

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 08-04-99).]
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Paul,
                I got what you need to run those high resolution benchmarks.

Rags

Comment

Haig , i don´t know if i have low score problems
                  BECAUSE NO ONE IS POSTING SCORES !!!!!

And I am getting TOO display freeze errors and random lockups with the g400max .
                  So it is NOT only low score problems !

I will try using just one ram stick (128MB)
                  and 100 FSB (results in a PIII450 ;-( )

Haig, when will the next release of powerdesk drivers be available for download ??

Oh man , some of you are so fast in replying i had to change and edit my messages soon after they had been posted

p.s.: and again : POST NUMBERS AND BENCHMARK THE HELL OUT OF YOUR PCS WITH G400MAX AND 500 Mhz CPUS !!!!!!

Comment

STOP shouting, that will serve no purpose. Paul has a similar setup to yours, and I am sure if you were nice he would post some scores. Not everyone has the lamborghini of systems here, so try being patient eventually someone with a P3 higher than 500 with a G400 will post some scores.

Matt

Comment

Hey Rags, did you fix up a special file???

Paul

I don't have the full version of 3DMark Max so I am limited to 640x480 and 800x600 16bpp.
                      I'm working on getting it.

At 800x600 16bpp. My scores are 5567 3D marks and 8547 CPU Marks.

Here tombman, I forgot to show my system specs.
                      ------------------
                      P3-558(124x4.5), ABIT BX6 r2, 256MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP,SB Live!Value,USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
                      and a (Very Messy Desk) ;-P

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 08-04-99).]
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

No, but I have the crack! I just need to know which build you have 100, or 200. =)

Matt

Comment

I'm at work now, so I'll get back with you after work

Paul

Comment

Heh , Paul , nice system you have ;-)
                            I have a 21" F500 too ;-)
                            And V2SLI 24 Mb too ;-)
                            Sblive value ...

OK, please post a 1600*1200*32bit , 32 bit z-buffer (powerdesk options AND 3dmark options), triple buffer 3dmark99max benchmark !!
                            (the crack for the full version should be no problem to get in the internet ;-)

Maybe , you get a similiar score and the g400max IS just slow ;-(
                            (mine was 1845 with a 527Mhz PIII)

It would be nice if you downclock it to 527 Mhz to see if it makes any difference .

Comment

Just be patient tombman, I'm still at work for another 4 hours. Then I will be on a mission to get the Pro version so I can run the tests at the higher resolutions

Hang in there tombman, these guys are the BEST !! We'll get your system running.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X