G400 Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Drivers?

I installed the Vanilla G400 today. Took the G200 out and had planned on removing the Voodoo2 as well. There is an issue that I am curious about. After install, I am either using Direct 3D or Matrox Glide drivers (5.13)...When I startup Lucas Arts "Rogue Squadron", I get a lot of video gibberish...any ideas. Someone recommended that I format the hard drive and install everything from scratch. All I know is that Rogue Squadron is the only problematic game there is...everything else is great. I will lose some older games that are more glide only. I really wanted a one card solution. Voodoo2 still hangin in there.

Thanks in advance

Bob

1) G400 does not have Glide drivers. That is only 3DFX. Perhaps you are thinking of OpenGL drivers (not the same)

2) Rogue Squadron does not currently work right with the G400. LucasArts are aware of this, and will release a patch at some point (no, I don't know when )

Comment

You're kidding? Rogue Squadron don't work with G400?? aarrrgghhh...
      Why is it that it works with every other D3D card I've used (V550, V770, PA3010 etc) but not the G400... Seems like Matrox have got the same old driver problems they've always had....

James.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I do remember Rogue Squadron having major problems with the Banshee card, too! That only got resolved just recently. Oh well...looks like I hold onto the Voodoo2 a little longer. G400 looks great so far with Need for Speed III, and exceptional with Descent 3.

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X