Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh! YES! More fuel for the HOT hardware fire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! YES! More fuel for the HOT hardware fire...

See, I'm original!

I nabbed this from 3DNews.net:

"*3dfx does NOT have silicon at this time. Furthermore it would appear that NVIDIA's NV10 does have silicon even if it appears to be but a pale shadow of the hyped version. Jim referred to it as "ragged". Also, S3's GX4 doesn't look like it will see the light of day this year. Looks like 2000 for them. So where does 3dfx stand right now. 3dfx is shooting for an October release and any delays will put them outside of October.

NVIDIA is doing really well. They have out-engineered 3dfx with this latest project and are gaining momentum with the OEMs. NVIDIA's achilles heal will be what has made them great: performance and features. If NV10 is the dog Jim says it is then buying public will quickly turn their backs. Their recent partnership with SGI seems to indicate that they wish to enter the high-performance workstation (ie high cost) market. This happens at the same time 3dfx has decided to broaden their base into the low-end PC market. The future's of these two companies appears to be forking away from each other. NVIDIA will go after 3dLab's established marketshare while 3dfx goes after ATI."

So ya can all let go of yer peckers now coz NV10 is gonna suck, coz that guy said so!

Dave K
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

But I think NV10 will surely be faster than G400 Max. Lets say in "OpenGL games!!!!"

NV10 will be the best!!

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani

Comment

Manoj:

Have you NOT been listening? I don't CARE if NV10 is 100x faster than the G400, I don't like nasty washed out colors and blurry text.

- Gurm

------------------
      Sig? SIG? We don't NEED no STINKIN' SIG!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

ha ha ha -... lol dam true...eawen if its 1000x faster all Nivida product SUCKS like hell !...ha ha ha oooohh U raly newer got the point.......

ewerything is good or fast...but Matrox is Matrox... & G400&G400MAX are the ultimative KINGS!

Comment

Gurm,
          so we are only allowed to post what you care to hear about?
          Did anyone explicitly address that to you?

B

Comment

Manoj,

Cancel you G400MAX order and order an NV10. Then find an Nvida forum and moan about it not being releaed in time.

[This message has been edited by Chris H (edited 08-04-99).]

Comment

Buuri:

Have you not been following Manoj's infamous career? I'm just sick of "NV10 will be faster than G400Max". Duh. Of course it will. DUH!

It won't be BETTER, just FASTER.

People can post whatever they like, just not Manoj.

- Gurm

P.S. Manoj, got nothin' against you personally, you just need to learn how to stop whining.

------------------
              Sig? SIG? We don't NEED no STINKIN' SIG!
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Manoj,
                I can tell that Matrox G-900 (shipping Q2 2002) WILL be faster than NV10!
                In both D3d and OpenGL!

G-900 Rulez!

Micko,
                Sorry, but I couldn't resist...

Comment

Ok!

Lets note that it was Gurum that said that the NV10 will only be better than G400 in speed and nothing else.

When the NV10 releases we will see?

I don't plan to cancel my G400 Max. I will keep my G400 Max, and when the NV10 releases, I will give the G400 Max to my younger brother and enjoy the NV10.

Simple! I have always been doing this.
                  Sometimes if I have 3 cards, I give one to my girlfriend. Just to get rid of it.

Regards,
                  Manoj Mahtani

Comment

The nv10 is in beta and has dualhead. I know someone who is on the closed beta...it has h/w support for all the q3a features.

However, that being said, I do plan on getting a G400 Max this month if available so I can retire my S3 Virge. The nv10 won't be available really until near X-mas probably...

Comment

Hi all,

You want powerful gfx?
                      Want it today?
                      Eat this: http://www.sgi.com/onyx2/sys_hardware.html :-)
                      Maybe someone gets a little quieter about the "incredible" performance of a TNTwhatever...

But DON'T expect it to have less bugs than a G400!!!

bye,
                      Hellmut

Comment

Why you keep posting nonsense threads. May you not see what it is I am trying to tell you in my other threads that tell you what you are looking for all at once.

Matt

Comment

Well whatever Nvidia puts out will always in some ways suck, especially their 2D has and alsways will be aweful. I have 2 of the exact same machine here at work one being a PIII 450 with VIper V770, and a P233 MMX with Matrox Millenium II and guess which machines 2D wipes the floor with the other? Nvidia cannot make a good 2D card to save their lives, just like 3DFX cannot create anything with good 3D image quality. Matrox has and will always lead in image quality in both 2D and 3D.
                          PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

Gentelmen,

Who says NV10 will be faster than G400 Max and if so by how much?

As CPU's become faster so will the G400 don't forget as drivers mature the G400/Max will rock also knowing the output quality will make the G400 a good seller even if NV10 becomes available next month.

Besides the features offered by G400 out weigh any card period, actually the G400 is in a class of it's own in terms of features/quality speed etc.

So I personally wouldn't worry about anything now and enjoy your G400's to the MAX

Regards,
                            Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 08-04-99).]

Comment

shite, I'm sorry I posted that!! :P

Listen, nobody has said anything is gonna be better than anything, so stop being such whiney saps. It was just a news article! Can't you people just read it and accept it for what it is, rather than flying off the handle because something in the future might be better than what you've got now... wow, don't take it personally!

aaaaaah crap, why do I bother trying to talk sense to some of you people... go some place else
                              Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Working...
                              X