Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re. AGP cards and memory resources

Greetings,
    This may be a silly question, but, should there be a conflict between an AGP card's memory resources and the pentium 2 to AGP controller. In win95B device manager I show a conflict between these two devices (using the same memory range). My gut tells me there should never be a conflict, but I'm not sure how the contoller and card interact (i.e. perhaps they need the same memory range to communicate).
    If there should not be a conflict, then does anyone have a solution to resolve the conflict?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the newbie question (I'm really not a newbie, just a little ignorant of the inner mysterious workings of AGP devices).

Cheers,
    Heed.
    Thought thinks itself.

This conflict is okay, Heed. Windows 95 was not designed with AGP in mind. MS came up with a patch for this, but it didn't fix this little detail.
    AGP will work just fine on your system, but this "conflict" is just a little piece that the patch doesn't clean up. There really isn't any problem, Win95 just doesn't know that this sharing is okay. I don't think there's anything that could be done to straighten this out, but it isn't going to harm anything.

-Wombat

------------------
    503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Much appreciated Wombat.

That was my feeling, but i didn't know for sure. I happen to be one of those few people who get a windows protection error when trying to install the 5.13 drivers, and I thought that this might have something to do with it.

Oh well, the search for answers continues...

Cheers,
      Heed.
      Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Working...
      X