If the G400 is scalable w/ CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the G400 is scalable w/ CPU

than would you get extremely high benchmarks w/ a Quad Xeon box? Anyone know someone with a quad xeon server that is willing to try out a G400?

That's an interesting question. I can't answer it but I can throw another question in that will make a few Quake heads sit up and listen.

If the G400 performs better with more processing power and Quake 3 runs better on a dual processor system...?

You get my drift?

Comment

I don't have a Quad Xeon but here are a few Quake 2 benchamrks on my PIII at its normal 500 then overclocked to 585. G400 32MB (not MAX). 32-bit colour, demo 1. The G400 is clocked at its normal speed 125/166.

500MHz 585MHz
      640 83.0 95.6
      800 78.7 87.5
      1024 61.0 61.7
      1280 40.5 40.6
      1600 22.2 22.2

What I really want to get my hands on to test with is an AMD Athlon.

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited 07-31-99).]

Comment

If I could only successfully order a Max.... since I am typing this on a dual celery 400. I'd love to run benchmarks, but I can't preorder a card as I move back to campus in a month, and I need to assure delivery. damn.

------------------
        Matt Ostiguy, MCSE

Comment

Ant,
          WOW W-O-W
          that's 32bpp quake2 on a non max non overclocked g400 32mb what driver revision 5.13 are the new OpenGL drivers out? That is really fast 40fps is very playable and thats at 1280x1024. Is there an upgrade for quake2 that enables SSE or something? I thought 5.13 was less impressive than that. Am I just forgeting what performance those drivers get? 5.2.?.???? is suposed to be even better just makes me feel better about gettin my MAX (someday hopefully soon).
          While I'm at it I really gotta give props to those one or two (i've heard) OpenGL driver guys. Good Job keep making that Matrox Super Product even better.

------------------
          Chris K.
          -Chris K.

Comment

We just upgraded one of our servers from pentium pros to 4 Xeons (2meg!) but the hardware people won't let me try it! (They are real sticks-in-the-mud.)
            Well, I tried. How about someone out there who is a hardware people? Let's see what the ultimate frame rate anyone can get is.
            chuck

------------------
            (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

[This message has been edited by chuck (edited 08-01-99).]

Comment

Oooh, so close. Well if everyone sends me a few thousand I could buy one of those servers and I'll post the benchmarks here . Also send me a few bucks for gas.

Comment

Well, it's been a little time now... Has anyone got a dual processor set-up that they can test a G400 on?

Comment

Working...
                X