X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insight Canada G400MAX on Aug 02!

Just got off with my account rep.

[cue: heavenly chorus]

Insight will be getting a boatload of G400MAX's on August 02 (enough for the current orders plus 35 to spare for orders placed from today forward)

[cue: bad Cartman voice]

super-sweeeet!
    Ah'm gettin' mah g400 on toosdeh!

Respect mah authoritah!

I got an email from Insight Canada yesterday, and they said that they'd have my Max in by this thursday (29th). If I do have to wait until next tuesday, I guess I'll live, but it would be nice to have it for the long weekend.

--More bad cartman voice
    You ga's, se-iously, I love you ga's
    --

------------------
    Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
    Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 3.2GB IBM Deskstar3 EIDE, 2 Quantum Atlas I 2.1GB UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, WangDAT SCSI, MillG200 8MB (Anxiously awaiting my G400MAX), SBLive! Retail, Win98SE

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 07-27-99).]
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Let's hope you are both right!

I got tired of waiting till MAXes start showing up with ready to ship status, and got to the point where I think getting the card is a good idea - I was not sure before with OpenGL and all... seeing the latest benchmark numbers I think that's enough for me (.20->.21 numbers are cool!).

And besides I'm more interested in the awesome 2D side for the next 6 months for my Hitachi 752 (another university year). By then, the drivers will definitely mature and in the meantime the fps is already good enough for me... I'm the quality > speed kind of soul

Damn, this 35 extra cards better be real

Michael who built the whole combo except for the video card, and still using (and loving) his Mil2

------------------

P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

I also got tired of waiting for the g400 and so I decided to get a UTNT2, just until I saw this post...I hope Insight really does have those cards cuz if they don't then matrox will for sure have lost this costumer!

Comment

Yes... same here. It'd better be true. I was going for Ultra TNT2 before G400Max showed up all over and "spoiled" the whole thing... now I am torn between having to wait for the high quality product and being _able_ to get a lesser quality product (aka UTNT2)... oh well... just another day in the world of bleeding edge, I guess

------------------

P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

I don't know about Insight in America but the UK branch keeps your credit card details on a database. I'm ringing them up this morning to tell them to remove it. I tried ordering online last night and couldn't because dupclicate credit card number !!!!! and you already have an account logon with that which I can't do since I don't have a username and password.
            I recommended Insight UK before but I feel I can't now for the above reaons.
            It was a bit of basterd since I wanted a new monitor to go with the G400 I'd ordered from elsewhere.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, seems like credit card fraud to me... someone could steal your credit card number on a _diferent_ site and register using it with them... check with your credit card company. You can always tell them about this and they will not service your credit card number for Insight.com.

------------------

Comment

I spoke to the Montreal office of Insight and they said that a large (no number specified) of MAX's was due on the 25th and did nto arrive. These were to arrive soon. I mentioned the Aug 2 date to him and he said that this was possible but that they do not have direct access to this information.

Comment

My shipping status initially said "1 expected on 07/25/99".

My account rep said that this was a placeholder put in the system by Insight because they had no idea how many they would actually receive from Matrox (having dealt with them before).

As it closer to the ship date, it became clear that they would only receive 8. Insight Canada has about 400 orders for the Max.

I spoke with my rep again on Monday, who then said that they had a firm shipment, this time with a tracking number and apparently they expect about 425 or so cards.

Now the order system at insight says nothing of this, but when I ask for an update, my rep puts me on hold and trundles over the guy who's responsible for stock from Matrox to get the latest scoop.

In any case, my card better be here on Tuesday.

Comment

This is Insight (CANAda) 's e-mail to me this morning:

Hi,

At this time, the expected availability date of these products is the end of August. Please check back in a few weeks for availability. Thank you for your interest.

I've waited soo long and I can't wait any longer especially since summer's gonna end in a month, that's it for me and matrox, guillemot UTNT2 here I come!!

Comment

Update!

Just got an email from Insight Canada:

--
                      Hi Andrew,

The new expected ship date is Aug. 22.

Tricia
                      --

That's all. This sucks major ass.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Also from Insight Canada:

DIA133941
                        viper v770 ultra agp 4x 32mb pc nvidia tnt 2 ultra
                        manufacturer's part # 90230200
                        800 In Stock
                        $377.99

If only it had dual head, I'd be changing my order. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be patient...

Comment

Yeah, well I spoke with my account rep who went thru the hoops and spoke with three different suppliers as well as Matrox.

Ain't no 400 MAXes coming through the line until the end of August.

[peeks around the corner, quickly zips up flame suit]

I cancelled and ordered a Guillemot (may as well stay Canuck) TNT2U.

It'll be here tomorrow.

[/flame bait]

Comment

I cancelled my order today too. They said they aren't even getting any regular g400s until the 24th. I'm not ordering a TNT2 though, I'm just going to look around for g400s elsewhere.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                            X