Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh! No! UK Online resellers tell the horrible truth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! No! UK Online resellers tell the horrible truth...

Well, Simply Computers did anyway...

September before they get any stock of the G400MAX. I think Matrox have fumbled and dropped the ball on this one...

Should I wait for the MAX or buy the 32Mb OEM dual head that Simply have in stock? Comments my UK buddies?

Hello Coily,

Get a 32mb OEM Dual-Head. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

I'm very impressed with mine

Comment

That is about a hard fact LIE to all of their customer, sound like something "better get that g400 than sorry, I still like it" kind of whining.

JAR JAR BINKS style is spreading like fire here....

Comment

I went for the G400 32 MB dualhead instead of the MAX since the MAX took about one to two months before they got another batch.

And I'm glad I did. The G400 is enormously fast in both 16 bit and 32 bit. In 1024x768 32 bit it is just as smooth as my old single Voodoo2 was in 640x480 32 bit.

Looking at all the scores, the G400 scores almost as much as a TNT2 Ultra in 32 bit. So nothing to complain about. Only the OpenGL could be better in Quake 3.

Comment

Well!

As far as I have read in many reviews that the normal G400 Dualhead is not a gamer's card. Some are recommending it to a casual gamer.

If you are buying the G400 for games then get the G400 Max.

Regards,
          Manoj Mahtani

Comment

franksch4 - Voodoo2 can't do 32bit...

Comment

G400 isn't a gamers' card? The reason folks are saying that is because their definition of "gamer" is "someone who wants 100fps". I am a gamer, and I chose the G400 because I want the best possible image quality. End of story. I don't care that TNT2 has faster fps, since my eye can only see 30 of them anyway. And since my G400 turns in more than 30, at 1024x768x32bpp with all options on, I could care less about more than that.

- Gurm

------------------
              Sig? SIG? We don't NEED no STINKIN' SIG!
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Spot on Gurm,

The G400 MAX isn't much faster below 1280x1024.

Unless you're obsessed with speed get a G400 32MB Dual-Head.

Comment

I've cancelled my order with Simply (Very unprofessional on the phone...) and placed it with SMC computers - who'll send me a vanilla OEM G400 dualhead 32Mb.

I really wanted the MAX before September, but the lady at Simply turned round and said the delivery date is OCTOBER!!!!! (AAARRRGGGHHH)

I'm not a FPS geek - so I'm going to be laughing when I get that baby...

Comment

Working...
                  X