No announcement yet.

Mystique G200 support for USWC caching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystique G200 support for USWC caching?

In my Asus P2B BIOS, there is an option referring to the "Video Memory Cache Mode". It can either be set to "Unchangeable", the default, or "Uncacheable, Speculative Write Combining (USWC)". The manual says that USWC can speed up the video card a lot, but if the card doesn't support it the system may not boot. So, does my Mystique G200 support it? Will this improve performance?

In a related topic, there is also an option called "Graphics Aperture Size". Is this related to AGP use of system memory? I have 256MB total; what is a good setting for this?

Thanks, Rob

Try USWC. G200 does support it. I had it on with my G200, and still do with the G400. If it causes problems, just turn it back off.

Your AGP Ap size should either be 128 or 256. try em both, and decide which runs better for you...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You can always check the video write speed using various data path (8/16/32/64) with excellent DDSpeed from http://viswiz.gmd.de/~mic/program.html
      ( CPU read/write button )

With USWC active on P2 class processors the speed for 8bit transfers are the same as for 32 & 64 bit

Comment

Working...
      X