Dont use insight UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont use insight UK

I recommended this company on this forum oin the past. However they store your credit card number in a database which they shouldn't.
    I'm going to ask them why pretty soon. I'll let you know what they say.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The horrible thing is that more companies than you expect do the same thing too.

I don't like Insight 'cause it took them 30 minutes to answer the phone one day. IT WAS RINGING.

There are always Dabs, SMC, Simply and Novatech if you want to order online.

Comment

Right they will remove when asked. I contacted Barcleycard who went and checked and came back and said it's perfectley legal.
      It shouldn't have to ask though anyway they processed my order from the night before and removed the card from the list again.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Insight are OK. However recently they seem to have become a bit slack. The stock quantity on the web page has been dodgy for a while, and just recently I ordered a monitor, and they sent me the wrong one! While they checked what had happened I was left on hold for nearly 10 minutes. They then admitted their mistake, but tried to convince me that it was a better monitor than the one I ordered (which it isn't). Come on Insight

Comment

I've only ever used them back when they were choice peripherals, then they were a good company, I had no problems.
          Now, I recommend Simply Computers - no problems, and relatively local to me.

Cheers,
          Steve`

------------------
          Yeah, you know the score...
          (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

I have to say that the price on some of their second hand monitors are good - but how reliable are they?

Comment

I suppose this is all down to personal experience, But I found simply, to be the rudest most unhelpfull store I have used.
              I ordered a TV Tuner for my Marvel G200.
              They sent me a TV-OUT card cos they had messed up the product numbers on their web page.
              It took 5 phone calls from me to get anywhere.
              I eventually spoke to the sales manager, who told me that The Marvel was not a G200 card anyway, and that I obviously knew nothing about computers!!

Just my experience!

Comment

Well I hope I do allright. I've got one advantage I live closely.
                The companies I've had bad experiances with are scan uk and aps-computers who I believe have gone bust.
                I never been back to Scan since but I'm sure they can afford to lose a grand a year from some customers.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The problem I had with insight was they charged me double for a harddisk and they took quite a few phonecalls to sort it out. They also screwed up with my memory. I recently ordered from dabs and they were way more professional.

Comment

I have bought main components from Scan, Dabs, and Tech Direct.

Dabs have been ok (except their web site recently said they had 125 Mitsumi cd writers in stock, and I ordered one. Two days later, the web site said they weren't getting the drives in for another 7 days. I ended up cancelling and then ordering from Scan, and the whole thing cost me a week in delay.

Scan have been ok - no real problems here except that if you enquire about a product over the phone, they won't mention to you if that particular product is on special offer. They'll happily let you pay the normal (higher) price. Also their sales reps aren't the most knowledgeable.

Tech Direct - by far the worst retailer I've come across. I ordered a printer and modem from them once and it took forever to deliver it. I made numerous calls and the sales rep was extremely unhelpful. The delay was caused by an admin error which he tried to blame on me, saying I had given the wrong info when I made the order. I will never order from them again.

[This message has been edited by CChuck (edited 07-28-99).]

Comment

I think this is a problem with all online shops they've a great leak on personnel and therefore if something goes wrong (that could always happen) you've a real problem. I've made these experiences and now I only buy my things in real stores, there if something goes wrong, I can roar on someone which makes me feel much better than wait hours on the phone . At least I think the money that is saved by ordering online is quickly spent on phonecalls!

Helmchen

Comment

Insight ... I remember when they started out in the early 80's as Hard Drives International. 2 guys selling 20 & 30 meg MFM & RLL hard drives from their basement ... *sigh* I feel old ...

------------------
                        Dean
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Any of you guys know a UK vendor that has the G400's DualHead 32mb?
                          None of the American sites that advertise it accepts international orders and here in Sweden it's nowhere to be found.

Comment

The only G400 card that is readily available from UK suppliers is the OEM single-head 16MB version. BTW, Ignore SMC Direct, the stock information on their web site is wrong (they told me they were expecting the 32MB Dual head version 'sometime in September'). Insight do not have a date, they claim all G400 cards have not yet been released, Dabs likewise, etc.

Has anyone in the UK ordered a MAX from the Matrox online store? I was going to until I saw the price: £211!! I think I'll wait

Comment

G400MAX

From Simply computers - £163 inc VAT + 3 day Delivery - Though it does say a delay of 80 days...

Anyone else got a card from Simply, detailing the due date for the cards? First batch due in August...sometime...

Good job I'm one of the first people to have ordered the MAX from Simply...

Comment

Working...
                              X