Marvel S/PDIF digital audio output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel S/PDIF digital audio output

I got the new Marvel G400-TV. Does anybody know what happened to the much raved about, often cited and even photographed S/PDIF digital audio output that is missing from my BOB?

------------------
    jt
    jt

Hi,

As far as I can make out, the SPDIF only ever came into play for the G200Marvel when connected to the hardware DVD module (which I don't believe is still available)

However, many of the G400 reviews comment on the SPDIF socket on the BOB. From what I know, when the early review units went out the G400 BOB wasn't ready, so was substituted with a G200 BOB.

Comment

Oh no, careful... we can't use the word BOB anymore...

Comment

Who's "we" ?

As far as I'm concerned, if people want to call it a multi-dimensional remote access video plug-in device, they are welcome.

But in my book, once a BOB always a BOB

Comment

Here's what I meant by "we" http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002175.html

People can call it what they want. They can call it "BOBette" for all I care...

Comment

I like "BOBette." BTW, the way the reviewers praised the BOB in comparison to other units implied that the G400 BOB is a totally new, re-designed, highly innovative, band spanking new unit. And if it is not, then why make such a big deal? Sure, I'm a novice user and I'm trying to sort all of this out, but make it easier! And don't glorify the product. If it were a newly designed unit, then it shouldn't have a rubber stopper in some hole clearly labeled "S/PDIF"

Now, what about using a hardware DVD decoder like the Hollywood or Sigma designs with the Marvel G400?

1. Can it be done?
            2. How much of an improvement [read: less CPU hit] will it make on (a) system performance and (b) video quality?
            3. What about editing audio if a digital audio connection can be established either (a) with the use of a DVD decoder card or (b) without DVD hardware decoder but relying upon software decoding?

Thanks in advance!

jt

------------------
            jt
            jt

Comment

Working...
            X