Max owners please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max owners please read.

How is the fan attached to your card? I have bought a Tennmax Detonator fan that is used on a TNT2 with the modification to fit and be secured on the G400 with plastic thingies. I want to know because if I can I want to order another Tennmax cooler for the other side and sandwich them both together and get some heat off the back of the card. BTW the Tennmax cooler rocks!
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Hey cpld005,
    You better have something to insulate the heatsink from the solder joints on the back of the board. Otherwise you won't have to worry about cooling that card anymore.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Frag tape works great for attatching heatsinks to the back of cards.

Comment

The Tennmax cooler has a thermal pad between the heatsink/fan and the surface it goes on.
        PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

Do you know if the pad is non conductive?? Not all pads are. Better find out first.

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

good point, i'll check with them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X