Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 has a problem (Haig??)

Hello everyone ...

I just bought a G400 OEM 32MB SH at a local distributor here in Germany. I bought this card for my second computer (My MAX should arrive this week) but actually installed it on my primary and replaced the good'ol G200.
    I attached a fan on top of the g400 and it blows the air just fine !
    I unistalled PD 5.13 with the uninstaller and plugged the new card in. 5.13 installed correctly again.
    I thought I´d give some benchmarks a try but was a little annoyed as I found out that the 3dMarkMAX-results (@640*480*16) were on par with my old g200 (oc to 110 core) and that racer and 1st-person FPS were even lower than on my G200 !! Than again running Q3 test gave me a real boost on framerates but still I can´t reproduce the fps other get in similar configs.
    While running the q3test I found that after some time I get flashing pixels (few) on the screen which led me to the thought that something must be wrong here.
    I tried overclocking the card using g200clk but found out that after moving up the master-clock only 4 MhZ (so 2 for core) I got more an more flashing pixels even on the desktop.
    I don´t think that there is something wrong with my case (a really large tower) as I´m having 4 fans blowing in the case.

Any ideas are appreciated ....

Bjoern

My Configuration:
    P2-400 @ 448 (FSB 112MhZ), Abit BX6r2, 128MB SDRAM100, WIN98, SBLive, ISDN-card, 3com 509b, Haupauge WIN-TV.

Versuch doch einfach mal Deine ganzen oc Maßnahmen rückgängig zu machen und schau dann wie die G400 reagiert.

Comment

Erm ...

I didn´t do any overclocking until I found out that my card seems to have a problem.
      I did this only to ensure that this is a timing (heat) problem of my Card. Although the memory is 6ns it has problems running 166 MhZ (default!!) as after some time I get those flashing pixels (again .. this DOES occur with NO overclocking AND a fan attached to the card !)

Bjoern

Comment

It certainly SOUNDS like a heat issue. I'd make the place you got it from give you another. My G400 runs warm, not too hot... and no problems whatsoever.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Also einen P-II 400 auf 448 sowie ein FSB von 112 sind doch eindeutig Zeichen des Overclockens oder irre ich mich ????

Comment

Working...
          X