Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the cookies on this site work?

I've the same problem!

It's kind of week since a friend and I wrote a forum in a week that has basically the same functionality as this one, but it's MUCH faster and cookies work. Not to say this forum is bad, it's the best thing we got, but you'd think something as simple as that would be fixed right away. I know it took me 15 minutes to write the code...

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

You have to remember that we have to deal with gagames on this matter and they have not been the quickest about fixing anything.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yes, i have used 5.26 of UBB since februari.
        HELLO UPDATE

Comment

well, I noticed that I only accept cookies that are sent back to the originating server...does that make any difference?

----------
          Holly
          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

It sure does...

My browser accepts and eats cookies and doesn't follow them the next time I log on.

But IE5 on the school's server does take them

And NS at a friend of mine with ISDN eats them as well.

My NS refuses though, for a couple of days anyway, and then it's all okay, and then it's not !!

Must be something in the odd-parity bits??

Jorden
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Maybe we should post the code to properly set and get cookies for them here on the forum... Contribute a little.

- DJ

Comment

Do the cookies on this site work?

I've never had the cookies work after I close my browser and come back. Maybe it's our firewall???

- David

Comment

Cookies work fine for me with IE5 and NS 4.51.

Comment

I've found that Dare choc chip cookies v2.2 are most compatible with stomach 1.0, but there is an incompatibility if there is a TequilaPro present in the system, causing the cookie to be rejected (and sometimes a full core dump )

Andrew
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

It never has worked for me with any browser/OS. Just tested it again, guess what? It still doesn't work.

Comment

Cookies don't work on my comp either.
                        Win98, NS 4.6, cookies->sent back to origination server only. They didn't work when I had 4.5 either.

Comment

And while your at it dj, why don't you optimize the ICD and fix the HL problems.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                          X