Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna be a Matrox geek

Hi all Matroxers!

I would like to be a convert. Please convince me to becoma a Matrox G400 or G400 MAX owner!
    Why not TNT2 ultra? Every hardware page says that's the card to go.

So why Matrox?
    Csaba

Thats simple!
    Matrox cards are always the better choice. I've never seen any card that reached the image/driver quality of a matrox card!

There are perhaps two reasons not to buy a matrox card:
    if for you speed is more important (not G400) than quality!
    if you don't have the money to buy one!

Every hardware page doesn't care of quality. They probably make 10 test of a card if one fast doesn't crash, that's the card to buy!

Helmchen

[This message has been edited by Helmchen2000 (edited 07-30-99).]

Comment

What do you want?
      Fast or best quality graphics?

I'm a TNT2 and G400Max owner, and I think I'm well placed to tell you what is the difference between the two chipsets.

If you want 2 monitors, best graphics quality, high resolutions, good performances, a lot of features like EMBM, and a reliable Matrox card, go for Matrox!

If you only want a straight, one-monitor, lack of features, Fast OpenGL card, go for NVidia...

Obiviously, I'm talking for RIGHT NOW. Improved OpenGL is the only thing missing for the G400, and I'm convicted it will be fixed really soon.

------------------
      The Matrox follower

Comment

You're going to be convicted when the new OpenGL drivers are released? Bummer. Can I borrow your G400 Max while you're doing stir?

Comment

OK Faffy,

Here are only some of the quick reasons why you should go with Matrox. As always, I encourage our customers to ask around or check any of the reviews of our products:

- Quality. Our boards offer the leading price/performance in the mainstream graphics world.

- Reputability. I don't recall ever seeing a bad review about our hardware. We have over 600 international awards since MGI was founded about 6 years ago. MGI brought with it several years of experience from Matrox, more than the other graphics manufacturers around.

- Support. Our pre-sales staff and post-sales technical support staff are there to help you with your questions. Our products offer a 3-year warranty for repair or replacement.

- Reliability. Feel free to ask your MURC acquaintances about our overall driver support.

Give our sales dept. a call or send us an e-mail if you want any information about our products.

Michael A.

Comment

Arron:

Hell no! I ordered my Max 2nd of june, and I recieved it yesterday!

I'll bring it at work, just to compare it to other cards like TNT2U, V3/3000, etc... Let me tell you: my G400 will work real hard tonight...

By the way, anyone want some benchmarks with any configuration? I'm working in a computer shop, I can build almost any config (from K6-2 350 ~ Dual P-III 500)

For now, I scored Ā±4300 in 3DMark, at 1024x768x32, 32Bit ZBuffer, triple video buffer, etc... on a P-III 500

And don't ask me to overclock anything. I don't believe in this, except for Celerons.
            Getting Ā±5Fps dont worth to Ā±5 degree in my bedroom!

Comment

and its cool to be a Matrox geek
              jim

------------------
              P2-350 o/c 450, BH-6 mobo,128mb pc-100,Mill. G-200 8mb o/c to 215 with g200clk, win98,dx6.1,PD5.13, bios 2.3
              THREE BIG FANS (and three little ones)

System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

To be a true follower of the 'M' you must truely believe that superior image quality is the most important feature a video card can have. Then and only then can you see (pun intended) the value of the Matrox products.

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

No doubt, I'm a follower of "M".

I prefer 50Fps with stunning image quality instead of 100Fps with crappy 16Bit low-res textures...

Since my poor Cirrus Logic VLB 1Mb, I always keep a Matrox card in my PC:
                  I got a Millenium I PCI 2Mb, then a Millenium II 8Mb PCI, I sold it for a 8Mb AGP. I was the happy owner of a Marvel G200 16Mb, too. I sold it for my brand new G400 Max.

------------------
                  The Matrox follower

Comment

Behold! I am a prophet of the "M", here to help Father Joel in his quest to redeem those poor souls who use another brand of video card, and spread the gospel of the church of "M"...

Please bear with me as I read from the book of "M", Chapter 9, verses 1 - 12...

Verily, verily I say unto you, there was a great darkness upon the land, a Voodoo if you will... Users everywhere were being forced to live in agony, rendering in only 16 bit color, and using only the basest form of bump mapping around, the dreaded "emboss" bump mapping... And demons roamed the land, whispering lies into the ears of the users like, "FPS is everything, quality is nothing... buy a TNT2". The users suffered greatly and were in deep despair. They cried out for a sign, for a weapon to use in their war against the unholy minions, and the Big "M" heard their cries. And lo, what to their wondering eyes should appear, but a blazingly fast chipset, the G400. And the users rejoiced, for all their prayers had been answered! Finally they were given a working, fully functional ICD, and they were able to render in 32 bit color with virtually no performance hit. The environment mapped bump-mapping brought a smile to everyone's face, while they set their desktops to 2048 x 1536 @32bpp. And so it was, the darkness was banished from the land... and the users saw it and said "It is good"...

Can I hear an AMEN???

Cheers!

------------------
                    The Silicon Prophet
                    (aka Manex)

ABIT BH-6, Celeron 300A @ 450 MHz, 128MB RAM, Millenium G200 16MB, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, SB LIVE!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, 3COM Etherlink XL PCI, IOMEGA ZIP 100 SCSI, Motorola Cybersurfr Wave cable modem

Comment

AMEN!!!

What a preacher! The Church is lucky to have you...!

------------------
                      Holly
                      Who put her V2 in her roomie's PC, because her own Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98 finally works plenty good enough...'til she's saved the $$ for the G400/Athlon rig, anyway... [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-30-99).]
                      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Holy smokes....

You guys are really getting into this. I hope this isn't going to turn into another PTL(Pass The Loot) Club...Heheheh....well in a way it is. We pass the Loot to Big M

Anyway, welcome to the BIG M side.

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Ant wrote:

" You're going to be convicted when the new OpenGL drivers are released? Bummer. Can I borrow your G400 Max while you're doing stir? "
                          --------------------------------

'Stir' ? Is this yet more new Brit slang? By the context it means "doing time" "in the slammer" "in the pokey" ..

Brit lingo is so much more imaginative & fun then American junk.. You got:

- pants
                          - bollocks
                          - stir
                          - feel free to add my memory's hazy

We got:

- 'da bomb'
                          - poontang
                          - wack
                          - G dogg
                          - slammin!
                          - bangin!

And there is the universal:

- hottie
                          - cool

Comment

I'd still like to know why Dualhead is going to get convicted when the new OpenGL is released. It seems mean of him to insist that I can't borrow it while he's doing porridge.

Comment

Arron,

donĀ“t you get your weekly pound of flesh at the Tower then?

Comment

Working...
                              X