AGP 4x performance hit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP 4x performance hit ?

I'm considering byuing a G400 SingleHead 16 Mb bulk.
    So now I would like to know how big a performance hit the games suffer when they start "swapping" through the AGPx4 port (and what if it's AGPx2).
    I find it odd, that this has not been discussed in any of the reviews that I have read.

Torben

------------------
    Want G400 news, info, drivers, mailinglist, patches, quality links and tons of other great stuff, check out http://trsdomain.homepage.dk

The G400, and I believe this is true of all current generation AGP 4x boards, is "AGP 4x" compatible." I don't think Matrox or nVidia, or anyone outside of Intel has seen the the final specs for the Camino chipset, much less tested their boards on one.

In effect, when Matrox claims the G400 is AGP 4x compatible, they are guaranteeing that the board will work in an AGP 4x slot without jumpering. When you turn on your computer, it will boot and you will get a display. Matrox is currently not making any claims about AGP 4x performance.

Nobody knows, and until Intel makes the technology available, the less said the better. I believe too many claims, particularly by reviewers, have been made already.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
    X