Flickering of mouse pointer, color depth problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering of mouse pointer, color depth problems

I had a Millennium II for a while, and it didn't really give me any problems. When I upgraded to a Marvel G200 TV PCI in December, some mouse pointers (but not others) flickered. Just today I installed PowerDesk 5.15, and now ALL of my animated pointers flicker. In addition, I notice new flickering and sluggishness when bringing up the Start Menu and doing various thing in Explorer and elsewhere.

I tried playing around with "device bitmaps caching", bus mastering, etc., but nothing helped. Furthermore, the mouse pointers flicker and sometimes get corrupted at any screen resolution and color depth. However, I did notice that the high-color and true-color pointers are being drawn in 256 colors for some reason. Since the palette has to be converted during each frame, that could be the cause of the flickering. But the pointers were mostly fine until I went from PD 4.51 to PD 5.15.

Any ideas? Is there some well hidden setting to control what color depth mouse pointers are drawn in?

[This message has been edited by Quatrix (edited 07-30-99).]
Working...
X