This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liveware 2.1 update

I know this isn't Matrox, but if it helps anyone the Liveware 2.1 at sblive.com fixes several little irrating bugs with the SBLive. I highly recommend it. (Fixes intermitten popping in DK2).

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Thanks, I installed it and finally got MP3s coming out ALL FOUR speakers instead of just two..

Less popping/interference too.

Comment

I have LiveWare 2.0 installed and have been suffering a very annoying crackle/popping interference whenever the DVD drive or HDD is active. I didn't know this was a software problem, I thought my motherboard was knackered! (Changed nearly all of the other components during testing). I've also had the problem where it randomly switches back to two speaker mode.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try the 2.1 update tonight.

Comment

It also solves the problem you may have had
        running 'Reality' with the the direct sound
        driver enabled. (i.e. NO SOUND AT ALL)
        They did something to : emu10k.vxd.
        to fix this problem.

Comment

Chris H,

If your MB has an MVP3 chipset, and DMA on the DVD is enabled, this could be the cause of the popping, cracking noise. The VIA DMA has some fundemental screw-up that doesn't work very well with the SB Live, and doesn't really busmaster well in general. I get the same problem. There is a guy from Creative Labs tech support on CL's newsgroup for SB Live that is collecting data on it, to see if they can make a fix for it.

------------------
          -Michael

Comment

Please take this sort of discussion to the General Hardware forum, this forum is for the discussion of Matrox Hardware only.

Comment

Let us know if it works.

- DJ
              My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
              128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X