G400Max and MPEG2 decoding???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max and MPEG2 decoding???

I'm building a new computer and I have purchased the G400max (still waiting for it).
    I have read the specs on the card and it leads me to believe that the card will do MPEG2 decoding for DVD drives... Is this true, or do I need to buy a decoder card?
    Thanks for any help.

Yes, it is true. Just slap in a DVD drive, and the included DVD decoder software and you're all set.

- Gurm

P.S. You need a good CPU though. High-end P2...
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

You don't need a hardware decoder card to watch DVDs with the G400. In fact, the drivers cd for the G400 should also come with a software DVD player. The biggest trade-off I have noticed between the software DVD and hardware DVD is the amount of CPU utilization. The software player, on my system, uses about 50% of my CPU, while the hardware card uses considerably less (don't have exact numbers cause I don't have a hardware decoder card). Anyway, you don't need a hardware card to watch DVDs, but I suppose you could get a hardware card if you really wanted too I hope this helps out a little.

--Tallamvor

--Celeron 300A@450, 128 Mb RAM, G400 32Mb DH, etc ...

Comment

Gurm, is a P2 300 MHz enough?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Yes, just.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X