my experience of powerstrip & g400max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my experience of powerstrip & g400max

under win98se, i have had major problems with the g400max and present drivers....using powerstrip (with a clean install, a few clean installs) and 5.13 july19th version, i noticed strange occurences-
    +-- for awhile (under a dozen or so start-ups)it runs from ranges of 125/94 up to 250/165, and defaults at 201/151
    +-- suddenly any higher than 202/153 it cuts the numbers down to different divisors, such as 204/132 and so forth as you go higher, this continues for the rest of the use until a fresh install is done again, then it goes to regular divisors, unless i completely remove ALL of powerstrip manually from the registry of win98se
    +-- if i play with the sliders for awhile in one window sessions, whenever i apply a setting, it automatically will drop the sliders and my clock to a 144/108 setting (something near there), and will not allow any changes beyond that until i restart my computer...

these are my experiences, so there are some unsual activities with powerstrip, and btw, with a well-cooled g400max what is a safe, reliable o/c setting? i have yet to really try beyond 201/151....
    and in exchange ofr this tidbit, i would appreciate someone to direct me as to where iu could get v1.3 of the g400max bios because only 1.1 is on my cdrom, i cant go further until i reflash myself...
    as for cooling i use tennmax t3 on the cpu and the lasagna type B on the max..

system, if it really matters-
    g400max 32mb
    p3-450oc558
    256mb pc133enhanced
    cheetah 18g u2 scsi
    adaptec 2940u2w
    sblive
    boston ac. digital6000 ac3 speakers
    viewsonic p817 & infocus 435 projector
    pioneer 303dvd scsi
    plextor cdr 8x/32x scsi
    3com courier

gg

Hi imemine.

Sorry this reply is neither an answer nor information to your original post, but I'm intersted in the figures you posted.
    I wonder how stable and fast MAX runs at 250/165 settings you mentioned above. Did you benchmark it? Did you feel speed boosted?

Regards

Comment

You are using an old version or you couldn't possibly be getting those figures. The latest version is 2.51.06.

Comment

Some wank will come along to tell you that "powerstrip is crap. GET G200CLK! IT R00LZ!!!!" Just an idea, but have you tried contacting support@entechtaiwan.com and asking the developer?

------------------
        Sticks and stones may break my bones,
        But a six foot blonde in leather and high heels... wait..

*wanders off scratching head*

Real men don't spend 20 minutes writing a .sig

Comment

Uh...Narph...that poster before you is the author of Powerstrip.

What imemine is describing is exactly what several of us have been saying for days now. Ashley is aware of this. Here's another example for you, Ash.

Powerstip has issues with the G400. It somehow unintentionally screws your G400 BIOS, resulting in whacked out numbers.

Boot up without PS, and use G4set to check what your card is running at without any overclocking. I think there is a good chance you will see that it is not running at spec.

If this is the case, your BIOS will have to be flashed. It's the only thing that brought my card back.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 07-29-99).]
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Now what a post there by Narph! That made me smile....

Comment

Working...
            X