Upgrading my system to a G400MAX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my system to a G400MAX...

I'm soon going to upgrade my system with a G400MAX - is there anything I should be careful to do when I rip out my old Millenium 8Mb 2D card? Or what about my Creative Voodoo2? Is there a chance that drivers from these two cards could screw my install...?

(BTW - Buying from Simply computers - delivery should be in August)

System: Vanilla home-built system - 128Mb PC100 DIMM, Chaintech 6BTM, P2/450 (Non-overclocked) SB AWE64, Millenium 2 8Mb, Creative Voodoo2, 10Gb HDD, Microsoft Intellimouse Pro, fully updated OEM Windows 98...and other gubbins...

Hi Coily,
    You shouldn't have any problems due to the V2 cards in your system.
    Just print out the instructions for removing previous drivers from the Matrox site. The main concern will be removal of the previous Matrox drivers for the old Millennium card.

Also D/L the "uninstaller utility" this will make it much easier in the future to remove old Matrox drivers.

Paul

------------------
    P3-558(124x4.5), ABIT BX6 r2, 256MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP, USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
    and a (Very Messy Desk) ;-P

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
    X