X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD newbie question

Yes.

Yes.

They spoof either or both, depending on the drive.

The Toshiba drives are usually rated as the best or second best. They are also reasonably priced, at least in my area (southeastern Michigan, USA). The SD-M1202 and SD-M1212 models work very well for IDE applications. I love my SD-M1202.

As for software Ravisent's Cinemaster is a great player. PowerDVD is also good. Stay as far away from Zoran's SoftDVD as you can. They don't support the product and it has a history of major bugs.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 06 November 1999).]

DVD newbie question

Ok, Im about to get myself a DVD drive. I need to know some stuff though.

I have DVD software ( PowerDVD 1.5).
    Im confused/ worried/ annnoyed about the issue of Region locking.

If I get a new DVD drive will it region lock after 5 attempts? Can I overcome this via software (one of the region hacks) or are the region hacks only for the software itself - the drive still knowing whats region has been played?

Basically - does the region hack software spoof the Player software or the Drive. I realise that if the player gets spoofed on the region then maybe the drive will also get spoofed by that player.

Also - recommendations on drive/soft would be good. Ive been to the usual DVD sites, but they aint as nice as MURC (christ, theyre a nightmare).

thanks
    bert

------------------
    G400 32 D/H, PIII450@560, ABIT-BE6, MX300
    G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

Working...
    X