iv'e created a ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iv'e created a ...

hehe ive created a new tech want'n junkie.
    about 2 months ago a freind of mine bought an old cy-rex p166 computer. apon hearing of this i told him i would work on it. he brought it over and after a few hours he had a intel p233, 64 meg sdram, a 4 gig hard drive v3 2000 (pci) and an sb32 pnp sound card and of coruse a copy of halflife. all this in place of p166 cy junk 24 meg edo sim 2 gig wd hd sb16 sound and a sig pci video card. (oh he had to buy the v3 card but hey he got a deal.)

to continue i created a monster, now 2months later he wants to upgrade 128meg memeory, faster cpu and of coruse a matrox video card he's seen mine w/dual head in action.now normaly i wouldn't think much of this but 2 years ago this guy said he would never ever own a computer much less game on one. now he is a chat room and gameing fanatic and can't wait to spend his hard erened money on computer stuff.

neol dam i cant even type my own name right
    noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-27-99).]

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-27-99).]

Cool! Not only a new convert to the Church of Matrox, and to the ranks of the gaming...but the Demons of Technophobia lose one as well!

Good work!!!

Holly
    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Hehe......I have done the same thing to my brother. Though he's not in the Church of Matrox (I'm trying tho =) ), he does want to upgrade about as bad as I want to.

I'm still working on my parents. They're getting there tho.

LOL

Comment

Speaking of the church of Matrox... Anyone know where I might see one o' them dual head jobbies in actoin int he Portland OR area???

Not overly ompressed with my G200 (well I love the color depth and saturation, and the clarity, but performance stinks. had to get a voodoo2 for 3d gaming, but I want to avoid trendy marketing ploys.) and am debating whether to go with theG400 or the TNT2 Ultra Right now unseen the TNT2 is winning (benchmarks are it).

-k-

Comment

If you SEE it, you will BUY it. Hehe. There is no contest if your primary concern is visual quality. The G400 looks beautiful. The TNT2 looks boring.

- Gurm

P.S. Yes, at this time it's faster. But BOOOORING. And the visual quality in 2D is equivalent to your G200+V2 AFTER the passthrough cable, not before.

The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Now Gurm, bringing up the G200/V2 combo, that's just cruel. I had almost managed to forget....the horror....!

------------------
            Holly
            Who put her V2 in her roomie's PC, because her own Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98 finally works plenty good enough...'til she's saved the $$ for the G400/Athlon rig, anyway... [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-28-99).]
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

if you think that was cool, way back before winblows 95 was released. i converted my uncle into a computer junkie. it all started when i flat out gave him a 286 computer. years latter this person has at a min 4 computers in full tower server cases so big that they don't fit under a desk. he make's ungodly amounts of money as an eltrition and spends altot of it on hard ware. in the years i have spent with computers i am happy to say i have converted at least 4 people to full blown teck junkies. (with only one failed experimental subject he well had to be ah putdown, eliminated, exterminated ectt. (he was to cheap and failed to listen to any and all advise) like buy a how to video (on winblows, or read the dam manule, or read the dam software requiements before you waste your money, or don't ever erase .dll files to make room for more software spend a little money you cheap basterd and get a bigger harddrive.
              or my favorit "you did what this is the last time im comeing over to reload winblows" for the fourth time. or yep i be right over to fix that again. look get the program updates "go to the web site they have a patch (i musthave told him that one at least 30 times.) finaly he sold the computer to another of my buddys (thank god.)

------------------
              i don't know what im going to bitch about now that the avp patch is out.
              p2 350 at 450, 196 meg pc100,10gig hard drive,5xdvd cl drive, xitel p. storm sound, 32meg g400 dualhead, acs 400 altec lansing speakers+yamaha rear, ch throttle, ch force fx, ch pedeals, hp laserjet 4, epson 400 color, ctx vl950 main mag dx17t secondary monitors
              other systems k6-2 350 and k6 200.

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-28-99).]

Comment

Funny thing, but it was my *MOM* that actually got me started as a tech-head, and she's over 50 now. Back in the days when computers were just coming out, she was frightened of them, too, just like all the older people back then, but she forced herself to learn because she knew it was the wave of the future.

Before she retired, she was the Mac expert at NASA Ames Research in CA. Nowadays, she's always talking to me about how great the new OS she just installed is doing, but there's a few bugs that still need fixing, or she's adding a hard drive and maybe some memory, if she can afford it, because her *Win95* emulator takes too much space and memory. Now she's talking about upgrading the CPU because the AtariXL emulator for Win95 won't run her favorite games at full speed. ("An emulator emulating an emulator - what can you expect?" she tells me.)

Thanks for starting me out, mom!

Bill

------------------
                People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
                People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Working...
                X