Weird TV out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird TV out

I have tried to play quake2/quake3 (basically all opengl games) on my tv, but something strange happens. The image on my monitor is fine, but the image on the tv isn't. To explain further, the entities on the tv flicker and appear to be transluscent. However, the background bsp shows up on the tv fine. Could this be refresh rate related? If anyone could offer some suggestions that would be great.

--Tallamvor

Well, looks like I am going to answer myself ... hmm, i'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe someone else frequenting the forums could help me out? I hope so ...

--Tallamvor

Comment

Well, I haven't tried any gaming on the TV yet, but my first suggestion would be to give some relative info....Oh, I dunno...maybe like...What kind if video card you are using? Any system specs...operating conditions...anything...?

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oops,my fault for assuming too much on this one. I, of course, am using a G400 32Mb DH. Currently I am using Win '98, but I don't think the OS is related. This seems to be a common problem with opengl games. I have a friend who has a V3400TNT/TV that experiences the same flickering when he tries to play opengl games on his tv as well (using win '95). I was really just hoping that someone had experienced the same phenomenon and would know what to do right away Ah well, I should have given more information anyway. Regardless, thanks for replying Kruzin.

--Tallamvor

Comment

Try this. Go to the Clone Options (DualHead Page) and uncheck the "use seperate refresh..." box. I think it should work.

ScrewDriver

Comment

Thanks ScrewDriver, I will try that tonight.

--Tallamvor

Comment

Working...
            X