Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does the tv output add-on for g200 use pci slot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the tv output add-on for g200 use pci slot?

I would like to know if the tv ouput addon for the millenium g200 uses an extra pci slot or that it replaces the back of the g200 or something like that (i.e. it doesn't use an extra pci slot)
    I don't have extra openings without a slot on the back of my computer and I wouldn't like missing a pci slot

It doesn't fill a pci slot, but it does block the one next to the card....

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 07-27-99).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Actually, the cable is long enough that it can be a couple "over" if necessary.

It might also be possible to run the ribbon cable outside the computer case (between a bracket and the case) and have it "flop around" outside if you have no open slots.

Comment

I have also customized two computers that I built with the tvo card, On one, I used existing round punchouts that were available on the back of the case and drilled mounting holes to screw the header to the ATX back plate. On the other, I used ribbon cable to allow extra length, drilled two holes in the 5.25" drive cover plate on the Front of the case, drilling two small holes through the card mounting, and the plate itself, and used two beige colored torx bolts to secure it. Both turned out nice.

Matt

------------------
        486 sx25, 4MB, Hercules Dynamite Pro VLB, SB16, PIO mode 2 145MB Hard drive, Win 3.1

Comment

I have mine infront of an unused ISA slot. You shouldn't have the board 'flopping around' as you need good grounding to the case or the picture quality will be adversely affected.

BTW, you can now (with PD 5.13) change the width of the TV picture using monitor customisations, but not the height, leaving black bars top and bottom (although my widescreen TV will 'zoom' to compensate). Vertical adjustment should be available in the 5.2x PD drivers.

------------------
          Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem, etc

FT.

Comment

I have mine infront of an unused ISA slot. You shouldn't have the board 'flopping around' as you need good grounding to the case or the picture quality will be adversely affected.

BTW, you can now (with PD 5.13) change the width of the TV picture using monitor customisations, but not the height, leaving black bars top and bottom (although my widescreen TV will 'zoom' to compensate). Vertical adjustment should be available in the 5.2x PD drivers.

------------------
            Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem, etc

FT.

Comment

Working...
            X