Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 overclocking

Advice on overclocking the card:
    Take off the heatsink, and replace that thermal epoxy they use with some good grease (Disclaimer: voids warranty).
    Screw a nice little 486 fan onto the heatsink.
    Grab some good software (I use MOC myself). I can now run the card at 118Mhz instead of 89.

Good luck,
    Wombat

------------------
    503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

G200 overclocking

I want to overclock my G200 and would like any advice anyone can give me on the subject.
    For example what type of cooling to use what software to use. It would even be helpful if people sent me clock speeds that they successfully obtained stuff like that. Anyway I wish I had one of those new .25 die cards the place where I work just ordered a bunch of them (in systems) and I'm tempted to swap mine with theirs but anyway anything helpful anyone could send me would be great
    oh yeah in case anyone wants to know I have a
    Pentium II 350
    64 MB PC100 SDRAM (Toshiba I think)
    PCI 128 Sound Card (Creative Labs)
    Seagate Ultra Medalist Pro (which for some reason I can't get SMART to work)
    P2B BIOS revision 1008
    and most importantly
    Matrox Millenium G200 w/ 8MB SGRAM
    Rev_A ( I wonder if that actually means anything because the .25 cards (the ones without a heat sink) also said Rev_A
    apparently I have registered here before and forgot my user name...What a pain in the butt!!! I had to go out and get another e-mail account!!! consequentially if you wish to reply to me via e-mail please do so at jvsten31@calvin.edu

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I already mounted a fan but I didn't replace the thermal compound that came with the card. Does replacing it really provide that much more cooling?

Comment

Before all this work, my card would do 102 okay. The fan added another 5-6Mhz, and the grease made a significant difference, so that I now run the card at 118Mhz.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

thought moc didnt work with 5.13

Comment

Maybe it doesn't. I don't run Windows much anymore. I like my Linux setup much better.

Comment

Thought MOC didn't work with the G200...
              I personally use g200clk (in conjunction with a PINS permanent OC), works very well. Depending on the day, I can take it up to 236 / 240 stabily without artifacts. Using a Mill SD, they seem to hit higher clockrates with less problems. Maybe it just seems that way, though. 5.13 seems to have reset the default refesh rate to 63 though. Now, I can't go lower than 50 with it, 55 is usually safer. Anybody else notice this?
              "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Moc does work with 5.13 well it does with my machine.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X