Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with RRG full size fully quality PAL Capture

I have the same problem.
    (G400dh + RRG, Win98SE, PII450, AsusP2B-LS, SB-Live,...)

I cannot believe that this is normal, someone out there must have a solution.

Do you know of any alternatives to the hardware vidcap that work well at hi-res?
    DBK 99

Comment

How about posting some system specs ?

Pertti

Comment

g400 dh 32, rrg, p3-450, scsi 3 12gig, qdi brilliant 1s, 320mb ram, adaptec firwire, win98 se.

Do you not have any problems with capturing and playing back at this res?

------------------
        DBK 99
        DBK 99

Comment

I can capture just fine at that resolution.

What do you actually mean by "shaky" ? As in - is it jumping up and down or something else ?

Set your desktop resolution to 1024x768x16bit, close all the other tasks on your system but the "Explorer" and "SysTray" and try again, is it still doing it ?

Pertti

Comment

Problems with RRG full size fully quality PAL Capture

When I capture from any source with rrg at 7xx * 5xx res , i find that the video captured is rather shaky. Does anyone have a solution or have the same problems? i have win98 5.30 and 1.50 beta tools.

------------------
            DBK 99
            DBK 99

Comment

Hi DBK

Have you solve the problem with the
              "jumping frames" ???

Comment

Same problem: Vertical Jitter

P2 350 128MB Asus P2b G400 32DH + RRG.

See my previous post.
                No answer yet from Matrox!!

[url]http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001767.html[url]

Comment

Seems like the new drivers fix the issue, no when the hell are they coming out?

------------------
                  DBK 99
                  DBK 99

Comment

I know, the problem should not be hardware as quite a few people seem to have the problem, but matrox should address this issue otherwise the rrg will not be my recomandation to anyone using g400 and 98.

------------------
                    DBK 99
                    DBK 99

Comment

With the new Videotools (1.51)
                      and PowerDesk 5.25 the VERTICAL JITTER
                      at 704x576 is sill there.
                      I think it's a problem with the hardware.
                      Perhaps the mainboard (ASUS P2B-LS) is the problem ???
                      Do you capture PAL or NTSC ???

----------------
                      Werner

Comment

Has any one found the Jitter solution?

It's more then one month that I cannot
                        use my RRG because of this problem!!!

Can some one from MATROX replay...please.

Thanks

Comment

IM FED UP WITH THIS PROBLEM, IT IS MOST NOTICABLE WHEN YOU CAPTURE AN MPEG FILE AT 704x576 AND THEN PLAY THE FILE BACK USING THE DVDMAX OUTPUT TO A PAL TV. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ELSE WHO THINKS THEY HAVE A GOOD WORKING SETUP OF A G400 DH AND A RRG PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE IMAGE DOES JITTER VERTICALLY WHEN PLAYED BACK ON A TV (DVDMAX) OR AT 1024X768@75HZ ON A MONITOR.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT IF I DROP MY RESOLUTION TO 640X480@85HZ I DO NOT NOTICE THIS JITTER, BUT THIS IS USELESS BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE WILL WANT TO USE THE DVDMAX OPTION TO RECORD THESE FILES TO VHS TAPE. CERTAINLY IN MY CASE WATCHING THIS JITTER WILL RESULT IN A HEADACHE IF YOU WATCH FOR MORE THAN 2-3 MINS.

PLEASE HELP ME TO CONFIRM WHETHER THIS IS A SOFTWARE OF HARDWARE BUG OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE TO SEND THE CARD BACK.

THANKS IN ADVANCE DBK
                          DBK 99

Comment

Don't forget the problem !!!

Comment

I'm reading the various posts and trying to work out what is going on here.

We have to work out whether the jitter is occurring on record or playback for starters.

Looking at the sys specs that you published I can't see why you are having a problem. I am testing a G400-TV using PD5.25 and VT 1.51 on a PII 266 and am able to capture from video at 704*576 and then replay the capture perfectly, no jitters at all. This is under W95, I haven't got on to testing under 98 yet.

You mention that you are capturing in MPEG, was this a typo ? If not, can you tell me exactly what process you are using to capture.

And it doesn't matter what resolution you are using when printing to tape (within reason), the video-out stream is non-dependent on your desktop resolution. You can output a 352*288 MJPEG to VCR and get an excellent quality copy on the tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X