g400 Kingpin and q3 lockups on-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 Kingpin and q3 lockups on-line

I have a 32 meg oem dh g400, and keep locking up online playing q3test 1.07 or kingpin. the games work well for 10-15 mins and then lock the whole pc, Is this due to the 5.13 driver or the card overheating?? help??

I had the same problem.

It should be a 32-bit mode driver issue cause
    it seems that switching to 16-bit fixes this. I really hope things get fixed in 5.20.
    In case you're not aware of this, to force 16 bit mode in games like Q2 you should switch your desktop depth before launching the game.

Good Luck,

Nereid

Comment

Ill check that out, but can you confirm that it only works for a few minutes before locking up, many thanks

Comment

I appear to have a related problem, although, who knows?

I've posted a few times about my problems with lockups in Kingpin and Quake2. Once I start getting them, I have to overwrite my config.cfg file with a second one from another system, and the lockups end temporarily. If I reboot and go back into the game, the lockups start again.

Unless I unplug my computer from the network.

I have a very small home network and a DSL connection, so, technically, I'm always online. If I disconnect the computer from the network, boot into Windows, and overwrite the config file, I can enter the game as often as I want without the lockups, as long as I don't reconnect to the network.

The problem only seems to pop up with Quake2 engine games (Q2 and Kingpin).

Paul
        paulcs@sirius.com

Comment

Working...
        X