Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing is Believing

Hello all of you,

I 'm new to this forum, have never participated in any forum up till now.
    nevertheless i want to share my findings
    with you.

Yesterdaymorning DHL Express delivered my MAX
    In Vlissingen, The Netherlands.
    My order# was EU-6 and I ordered June 2th.
    So it took a bit longer than promised by Matrox.
    During the long wait Matrox have, on my request by E-mail informed me of the status of my order. I always received an answer within 24 hours, so i was not left in the dark as apparently some of you. (thank you Lydia, Joan, Silvain for your Customer Support).

The installation of the MAX in my Dell TPS450
    went without a problem.
    I had already downloaded the latest drivers and after removing the STB TNT 16 MB OEM and the crappy cinemaster decoder card and removing the old drivers and a search and destroy mission for anything with NVIDIA or TNT in the registry, the installation went smoothly without any problem.

I am not much of a gamer (too old I guess, a few month 's ago "I saw Abraham" as we say here in the Netherlands) and don't expect benchmarks posted her from me.
    I merely wanted a Matrox again after having a Mystique and an MGA200 in earlier machines.
    I wasn 't very pleased with the visual quality of the initial Dell, bought a new Iiyama 450 Pro monitor instead of the mediocre Dell but was not very impressed by the improvement.

Well, I can tell you there is nothing wrong with that monitor.
    The visual quality of the MAX on this monitor is stunning, razorsharp even at 1600 * 1200 at 32 bit color and a .6 character and beautifull colours.
    For me visual quality is much more important than all those benchmark figures.
    I played a few games: Podracer and NFS4 and they looked way way better than with the TNT
    They run smooth and without any artifacts.

I hooked up my Sony tv with an S-VHS cable of 5 metres and tried the dualhead functions.
    Everything worked perfect , spend the rest of the evening watching The Matrix (pirated copy) full screen on my TV, home stereo hooked up my soundcard, perfect!!!
    The software DVD with the MAX is much better than the jittery, blurry pictures the cinemaster hardware decoder produced.

So people don 't overemphasize too much on benchmarks and an fps more or less; look at the picture this card is producing and you will see for yourself that the visual qualities of the MAX and the features are way ahead of the competition.

Thanks for reading this "review", hope it isn 't too positive (no I didnt get my 25$ rebate for writing this post)

Greetings from an excited MAX-owner from Holland.

Very warm welcome to the club !

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
    Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
    128MB 7ns SDRAM
    G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock

I'll be on holiday for the coming three weeks and I miss you folks already ;-)
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Another happy customer!

------------------
      Yeah, you know the score...
      (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

And another one who understands the true value of a video card.

Enjoy, I have.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Heya, Beta Boyz !

All together now:

Enjoy your G400 !

------------------
          Cheers,
          Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
          Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
          128MB 7ns SDRAM
          G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock

I'll be on holiday for the coming three weeks and I miss you folks already ;-)
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Thank you, now I'm a little closer buying a g400. Matrox has always had the best picture. That was their best sellingpoint when they did adapters for corporate use. It's nice to know that someone has been able to get g400 work without any drawbacks.

but one thing...ONE THING! I'm not against piracy (well, i'm against piracy, but not occasional copying) in general, BUT...
            Matrix is the movie of the Year (or many years, since Bladerunner) and you should't copy THAT. I dont mind Faculty or Notting hill or something but Matrix is Holy . You should give it's makers their due. I have Matrix as a vcd-copy now, but that's only because we in Finland don't have it in DVD yet.

Well, enough ranting...but Matrix is.. is...uuh...superexcalifraglious

Wraith

Comment

Matrix rocks!

What, this is NOT Matrix forums..?

B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 07-23-99).]

Comment

matrox looks the best. lucky dog matrix on dvd, wish i had one.

------------------
                i don't know what im going to bitch about now that the avp patch is out.
                p2 350 at 450, 196 meg pc100,10gig hard drive,5xdvd cl drive, xitel p. storm sound, 32meg g400 dualhead, acs altec lansing speakers+yamaha rear, ch throttle, ch force fx, ch pedeals, hp laserjet 4, epson 400 color, ctx vl950 main mag dx17t secondary monitors ? what else can i brag about ? oh two other systems k6-2 350 and k6 200.

Comment

Nobody has Matrix on DVD yet - it's a pirated low-res VCD. Matrix is still in US theaters, for crying out loud!

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

"I saw Abraham" whats that? Did you see him live or on TV? Did you see him under a bridge or in a magazine? "I saw Abraham" what is that?

Comment

LOL
                      I knew I would get a question about that phrase.
                      In the Netherlands when a man gets 50 years old the saying is : he has seen Abraham.
                      When a woman reaches 50 she 's seeing Sara.
                      It 's an old custom, relatives even put sometimes a sort of scarecrow dressed as an old man with a grey beard in your frontyard, so the whole neighbourhood will know you reached 50.

greetings,
                      Rob

Comment

Me thinks this is a somewhat strange custom, Rob. Oh well what do you expect from people wearing wooden shoes and smoking pot for breakfast...?!

Succes met je nieuwe speeltje
                        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Working...
                        X