Matrox RT2000... 3 months later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox RT2000... 3 months later

...the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Okay, so now it's been three months since the beginning of August when this product was announced to the world. I skimmed thru the posts here and elsewhere to glean some clue as to a release date, and the rumors tended to indicate a November release. I finally arrived here in November, after travelling through the RT time machine (my usual mode of transport), and now eagerly await the imminent release of the much touted and somewhat provocative RT2000.

Who else is chomping at the bit?

Your Birthday is November 12th! Mine is too.
    Im gonna be 20.

!!!!Happy Birthday!!!!

sorry i had to.

Comment

I haven't heard anything much on release schedules, but I think that it's going to be at least another 6 weeks or so. Mebbe christmas time or early new year

Comment

Matrox and ATI are two of the worst performers in term of product announce and time to market. They usually announce a product (probably when it is vapor ware) and takes a few quarters before the product will be on the shelve. As always months of delays are expected. Anytime there is a product announcement, expect to see the product in six to nine months and don't plan to buy it any sooner, it will only get you mad.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Comment

I have chomped all the way through my bit. I am now grinding away at my teeth.

Hey Matrox! My birthday is on the twelth of this month. How about a birthday present!

I don't want it free, I just want to be able to buy one. PLEEASEE!

Get busy in there. Make those Matrox trolls work overtime if need be.

Comment

I told you so! (Sorry!)

------------------
              Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Comment

Damn them!!! I'm just about to start my video editing/photo retouching business, the flyers are already out in peoples mailboxes saying that i can do video editng, but I have nothing to edit with:/ It better be released before the end of this month, or i'm driving 6 hours to matrox HQ and grabbing one right out of their hands!!!!

Comment

hmmmm... I wonder who will release first: Matrox RT2000 or Ulead MSP 6.0?

Comment

It's probably not as good a product, but I might very well buy the Pinnacle DV500 if it comes out first.

A capture board in the hand/store is worth two in the bush/factory when you have work to do.

I'm tired of waiting!

Comment

All kidding aside, I don't think it is appropriate to get upset with Matrox just yet. First of all, the release date hasn't even come yet. Secondly, how often does any company release a card on time? Thirdly, why not let them get as many of the bugs worked out as possible. We know that the RT2000 has been demonstrated and must be close to being ready.

Finally, I like Matrox. They march to the beat of a different drummer. Look at the G400. These people have creativity, vision and the know-how to bring their ideas to market. Also, they have been making significant progress in recent months to better serve us.

I will step off my soap box now.

Comment

I'll try and do some digging today, see if I can get an approximation on release dates.

But Daddybay is right in that release schedules haven't been stated yet. Obviously Matrox were anxious to get the product to as many of the big shows as possible, and even with the early drivers that they must have been using, the product went down well

Comment

Will MATROX be at COMDEX? Not a true video venue, but a likely place for companies to release new products, and it does fit the mid November "roumers". Just a thought.

Mark F.

------------------
                            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                            --------------------------------------------------
                            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                            and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
                            X