Powerdesk 5 Property pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk 5 Property pages?

I installed the new PD5 yesterday, but I can't seem to find any matrox property pages like Matrox Monitor or Gamma Correction. I uninstalled the PD4 as described by matrox, and all drivers seem to work (Quake2 is way faster with the new OGL ). But there just aren't any property pages in the place where they should be (Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced Properties). Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks!

Anton

My machine is:
    - P2-266
    - Millennium G200 8MB
    - Windows 98

Its accessed from the advanced button
    when you goto to the windows display
    properties and click to settings I think
    then in there is a button called "advanced"
    and that is where the maxtrox stuff is.

Comment

Use the uninstaller to remove all traces of Matrox from your windows. Then reboot, and you'll be in vga mode, reboot again and you can then install PD5.
      Good luck!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve
      It's Only A Graphics Card!
      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

I know it _should_ be there, but it simply _isn't_ there! I think I'm going to uninstall PD5, reinstall PD4, re-uninstall (nice word eh ) PD4 and reinstall PD5. We'll see if it works...

Comment

I've just done that. Still no luck. I don't know what else to do than format c:/reinstall windows

I've also manually searched the registry after the uninstaller has done it's work: I still found a couple of 'Matrox' references. I tried reinstalling PD5 with and without removing those entries, it didn't help though.

The last thing I can think of is reinstalling DirectX 6.1a, but I don't think that will change anything. I'll let you know. Thanks anyway for the replies.

Comment

wait a minute ...

What happens when you double click the PwerDesk icon in the system tray ?

Doesn't the display properties show up ?

Isn't there a button for adv. properties ?

What happens when you use that button ?

------------------
            Cheers,
            Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
            Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

hi there AntonvB .. i have a similar problem to urs
              in my case only the monitor settings tab is missing in the advanced options .. but i have all other pages ..
              besides i'm left in the dark with 60 hz refresh ..
              i tried everything including a fresh install of win98 ..
              the monitor settings only show up if i boot into windows with monitor turned off .. PnP monitor here .. MAG DX1495 .. and the refresh is set ok .. but this is untill the next reboot with monitor turned on !! everything is missed again !!
              dunno wat to do next ... i'm now back to 4.51 and it works as usual

------------------
              GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
              G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Does anyone have the problem of a long delay when you open the desktop properties? It takes up to about 20 or 30 seconds.I think it maybe due to that I have a Diamond tab for my V2 setup? Any suggestions?

------------------
                Epox MVP3G-M, K6/2-450, 256 meg PC100, G400 SGRAM 32 meg single, Diamond Monster 3DII 8meg SLI, Ensoniq Audio PCI, WD 6.4 HD, Toshiba 32x, Toshiba 12x SCSI, Diamond Fireport 20, Yamaha 4x6 CD writer SCSI, Generic NEC2000 network card, Viewsonic E771 monitor Win95 OSR 2.1.

MSI K7Pro, Athlon600, 256 meg PC100, G400 SGRAM 32 meg single, Ensoniq Audio PCI, WD 13 gig HD, Plextor 40 max SCSI, Diamond Fireport 20, Yamaha 4x6 CD writer SCSI, Generic NEC2000 network card,
                Viewsonic E771 monitor Win98 SE

Comment

I have the same problem with the delay, although it's not 20 seconds, but only about 5 seconds. I also have a Diamond Monster II (VoodooII) and I'd be thankful for advice.

Comment

maybe I am exaterating a bit, I timed it with a stop watch, about 12 seconds. Thats about a century in copmuter time to me
                    MSI K7Pro, Athlon600, 256 meg PC100, G400 SGRAM 32 meg single, Ensoniq Audio PCI, WD 13 gig HD, Plextor 40 max SCSI, Diamond Fireport 20, Yamaha 4x6 CD writer SCSI, Generic NEC2000 network card,
                    Viewsonic E771 monitor Win98 SE

Comment

Sorry to bring this old topic up again, but...

I have found the solution!!!

Just the solution for my problem however, I don't think this will work for Arbymo's problem.

Matrox, are you listening? I'm reporting a bug!

The PD5 install program sets a registry entry in the WRONG place! I found this out when I was comparing all matrox entries from my registry with someone who had it working properly. The following key is the one to get the Matrox pages in the display properties:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Controls Folder\Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Matrox PowerDesk Properties]
                      @="{4A741382-48B4-11d2-AD84-00A024D24BF3}"

However, in my registry it was:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Controls Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Matrox PowerDesk Properties]
                      @="{4A741382-48B4-11d2-AD84-00A024D24BF3}"

When I corrected this, everything worked fine. However, this change somehow isn't saved when I reboot. So now I have a .reg-file on my desktop which I need to merge everytime I want to change some Matrox properties. Well, it works now, so I'm happy .

Comment

Try the revised 5.13 and see if that fixes your problem, if not i'll get on top of that,

Thanks,

Haig: Got a mission for you

------------------
                        "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Howdy,

did Haig take over SQA lately?

Comment

AntonvB:

The use of the Device subkey instead of the Display subkey is not a bug - it's a Microsoft requirement for Windows98.
                            Registering the pages in the Device subkey makes sure the pages show up only under the Advanced property page (available by pressing the Advanced button in the Settings page) - which makes sense in multi-monitor.

Under Win95, the page is still registered using the Display subkey, which makes the Matrox pages appear in the main display property sheet.

It's PowerDesk which restores the page registrations according to the Microsoft requirements at each reboot.

Hope this clears things up a bit

Phoenix.

Comment

Phoenix: The other registry I checked was indeed win95. However, in my windows 98 the property pages didn't show up at all anywhere, (see my first post in this thread), so I just went looking for any differences in installations. How is it supposed to look in windows 98 anyway? Can anyone post a screenshot?

R0M: I'll try that revised drivers as soon as I can, and I'll let you know the results.

Comment

Working...
                              X