Q3Test and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3Test and G400

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find the post.

With the new drivers, Q3Test under 32bit is squished to one side and psychodelic colors. Is this a problem with Quake 3 or the drivers?
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Is your desktop 32bit? I have to set the desktop to 32bit to play in 32bit color and 16bit desktop to play at 16bit color. Read somewhere that Q3Test suppose to get around this (for TNT2, anyway) but, that's what I had to do with my G400.

Comment

Could you post some test results with following settings:

graphics mode custom
      gl driver default
      gl extensions on
      video mode 1024*768
      color depth 32 bit
      full screen on
      lighting lightmap
      geometric detail high
      texture detail full
      texture quality 32 bit
      texture filter trilinear
      marks on walls yes
      ejecting brass yes
      dynamic lights yes
      light flares yes
      identify target yes
      high quality sky no
      sync every frame no
      high quality sound on

I have Cel466 and 32MB G400 and in timedemo 1 I got only 13,7 fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about you?

Comment

Hi Chuck,

That's a common problem. Do a "ALT/ENTER" to go to windowed mode and change your settings, then do the "ALT/ENTER" thing again to go back to full screen.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

The alt-enter thing doesn't always work for me. Set the options you want, quit Q3Test, restart Q3Test, problem should be gone, settings will have kept.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Helevitia's suggestion is the one that worked.

Whew!

Can't say enough good things about the help that I've received in this forum!

Another happy G400 OEM customer!
            Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X