X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u guys overclock ur G400s?

Hi kruzin,

I use g200clk on my G400 - 16 Mb
    and set my Sclock at 304, no problem at all.
    Just wanted 2 let U know... :-)

Marcel Molleman
    The Netherlands

------------------
    G400-16MB, Abit BX6 rev2, 96 MB, 6.4 GB Hdd (3x), Pent. II 350 Mhz (3.5 * 112)

Abit BX6 Rev 2.0, 96 MB, Matrox G400 32 MB DH, Intel PIII ~ 527Mhz, SBLive! - LiveWare 3.0,
    3 x 6.4 Gb Hdd's, Adaptec 2940UA SCSIcard

How do u guys overclock ur G400s?

Hi,

I just got a G400 and put a fan on it and it's pretty cool so I guess the next step is to overclock it...

Can u guys tell me what software I should use the overclock my G400?
    I tried G200CLK but I don't know the parameters for the 400...

By the way, has anyone had problems overclocking a G400? I hope it's safe, don't wanna mess with the bios or something like that.

Thanx.

Comment

There are a few ways to do it.
      G200clk is my prefference of the currently available utils.

Powerstrip has been updated again, supposedly with better G400 support, but I personally hate that program.

Powerstip/GX is a simplified version that just does the overclocking part of Powerstrip, but it didn't work too well for me.

There are new overclockers coming out every week. Who knows...maybe something better is just days away I hear that Liew has been working on a new GUI for his utils...ya just never know what's coming

For today, G200clk gives me the best results. However, it has a problem with reporting the correct Mclk rates and dividers. G4set seems to give accurate readings, but does not work for overclocking. So anything you set with with G200clk can be verified with G4set.

To use G200clk is pretty easy.
      G200clk /1 xxx
      xxx is the Sclk, which sets the rest of the speeds.

By default, the standard G400 uses a Sclk of 252, giving you an Mclk (memory speed) of 168 and a Gclk (graphics engine or "core") of 126.

Start bumping xxx up till you find the best setting for your card. You should not need to worry about messing with the dividers...they should remain the same. Most people get in the 270-280 range, some get higher. Just start with
      g200clk /1 270
      and go from there
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X