Need Advice on Online purchase of G400 (SH) OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on Online purchase of G400 (SH) OEM

Well, this is a question dealing with my recent online purchase of a G400. Here's the situation (LONG).

SYNOPSIS:

I bid on an Matrox G400 (SingleHead)(OEM) on Amazon about 3 weeks ago. (I was anxious to get one and couldn't find one locally). I won the bid, and send the money order to the company offering the card. The received the Money order about 12-13 days ago.

I emailed them several times asking when they were shipping, since they had already received and cashed my money order. They made no effort to respond to my concerns at all.

Finally, last night I got irate and sent them the email (below). They responded promptly with the following:
    >Hiren Desai wrote:
    >
    >> Dear Lee,
    >>
    >> It has been almost two weeks since you received my Money Order (cashable immediately).
    >> You still have not shipped my product, which I believe you already had in your possession since you put it up for auction.
    >>
    >> I am a practicing attorney, and I do believe that representing that you have a product in your possession, available for a transaction, and also implying that a Money Order facilitates the process, and than delaying the process without good cause could be construed as fraudlent.
    >>
    >> Please respond immediately as to the status of my (Paid-for) product. I bid on this product because I was under the impression that you were a reputable company. I hope that I am not wrong on this account and forced to seek recourse elsewhere. I am sorry that it has come to a blunt request
    for information, but you have not responded to my other inquiries, nor made any attempt to alleviate my reasonable concerns. Let us resolve this amicable and swiftly. Thank you.
    >>
    >> Yours Truly,
    >>
    >> Hiren B. Desai, Esq.

>Return-Path: <lee@tecresale.com>
    >Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:09:47 -0700
    >From: Lee Caldwell <lee@tecresale.com>
    >Reply-To: lee@tecresale.com
    >X-Accept-Language: en
    >To: Hiren Desai <ocey@mindspring.com>
    >Subject: Re: Y04X0674508X1637372 Matrox Millenium G400 32mb Agp -
    DvdPlayback!!!
    >
    >Your product was sent out today. Shut up and dont ever buy anything from us again. If you are an attorney, then you are easily aware of contacting us any further will result in legal action. Our attorney's name and number is:
    >
    >Ned Lynch
    >(858)450-6803
    >
    >Your threat of legal recourse is sickening. The terms were quite plainly and specifically stated. Your business is extremely unwelcome from this point forward. If the product were not already shipped I would immediately cancel your order and refund your money. And I pray that my brash attitude offends you enough to return the product for a full refund including shipping costs. Because I do not want anyone like you to enjoy the excellent values that we provide. Pitiful. I am in complete disgust of you. And learn to spell
    if you are going to be an attorney.
    >
    >Lee

Through sheer concidence, approximately three hours or so after Lee sent me this response, he then sent me another email saying that my card was shipped. Rather curious timing. However, all that aside - What do you all think I should do now?

(1) Keep the card - I got what I wanted - after being aggressive. I assume the OEM warranty would still be through Matrox?

(2) Or send it back?

Let me know your thoughts. thanks!

Hiren/Ocey

I'd say keep the card. If it works well, u got what u paid for. Even tho the company was plain stupid, whats important is that u got the card (lets now hope it works well). And just send them a polite letter explaining them that u had reasons to beeing upset. And if they keep on beeing ****oles, just ignore them.

Enjoy your g400! :-)

------------------
    P2-350 @ 392, SB Live! Value, Yamaha 4416s, 24x cdrom, Supra Express 56k, G400 32mb DH oem (yeah!), Cambridge PCworks 4pt surround, Optiquest V73 (17"). MOBO unknown (anyone could help me figure that out?) :-)
    Asus K7M, Athlon 500 (sometimes at 550), G400 32mb DH, SB Live! Value, Optiquest 17" V73, Western Digital Expert 13.6 7200rpm, Datatrain DC154 14", Yamaha 4416s, STB Tv Tuner, TekRam SCSI card, 128MB RAM, Cambrige PCworks 4pt surround, Lexmark 5700, SupraExpress 56k), RealTek ethernet card.

Comment

ROTFLMAO That is great!!!
      Shut up and dont ever buy anything from us again. hahahahah!!
      And I pray that my brash attitude offends you enough to return the product hahahah!
      I am in complete disgust of you. And learn to spell hahahah! Don Rickels is in the Mail order Biz?

Thanks for a great post! Keep it !
      (next time post in the "Legal Affairs" Forum)

Trainwrecker Computer Addicts

Comment

Working...
      X