G400 Chip Revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Chip Revision

I heard that there are currently 2 revisions of 400 chips. One is G400A-C and the other is G400A-D. They are shown as revision 002 and 003 in Windows' device manager.
    It's no more rumore but according to Japanese BBS, later version chips seem more overclockable. Does anyone have information about this issue?

Regards.

I have a MAX and it is 003. Dunno if it more overclockable or it is an overclocked regular G400. I don't have the time to try overclocking now. New job starting this Monday and still packing to move to a new city!!

------------------
    System Hardware:
    www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~ang/demerzel.html
    home.columbus.rr.com/fajee/demerzel.html
    <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

I have a 003 and it only does 133/177 even with great cooling....I am not complaining though. Great card.

Mattias Lindgren

Comment

I'll have to confirm this, but my guess would be that the rev 002 boards where the betas they sent out to reviewers, and 003 are the final product. Mine is a 003, and was supposedly one of the first retail G400s out the door.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi,

mine is a 003 to.
          Don't know about the overclocking, since
          overclocking is not working the right way
          just now.

G200clk and G4set are not working correctly
          at this time.... :-(

------------------
          G400-16MB, Abit BX6 rev2, 96 MB, 6.4 GB Hdd (3x), Pent. II 350 Mhz (3.5 * 112)

Abit BX6 Rev 2.0, 96 MB, Matrox G400 32 MB DH, Intel PIII ~ 527Mhz, SBLive! - LiveWare 3.0,
          3 x 6.4 Gb Hdd's, Adaptec 2940UA SCSIcard

Comment

I actually have a retail (not OEM) Rev-2 board that I got in HK in June. I suspect all the retail, single "head" 16MB boards released in Asia last month were Rev-2, but cannot comment on the differences since I've never seen a Rev-3.

Comment

Thank you for all the replies.

I visited some more BBSs in Japan last night and found that there were confusion about this issue.

As far as I found in these BBSs, there were no cirtain relation between rev. of chips and cofigurations (DH or SH, 16M ore 32M, retail or bulk) of boards.
              A bulk board reportedly has rev.002 chip with 16M-SH and overclockable upto 148MHz core freq. but a retail board with rev.003 chip with 32M config. only run at 133MHz.

Anyway, it seems rev. 002 chips only appear in Asian market where G400 boards became available earlyer than US/Canada. I suspect they are kinda irregular ones. I hope I won't grab older rev. boards.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
              X