matrox and lateness of shipping - us and canada only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox and lateness of shipping - us and canada only

i am no lawyer, i only had 2 years of business law but the ftc has a law on shipment of goods.

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx/16cfr435.html

Title 16--Commercial Practices

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION
    PART 435--MAIL OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE

In a nutshell matrox has until the time they said it would take (which was stated for the first buyers as 3 - 4 weeks) to have it to you by otherwise they must inform you as the reason why it is late.

if enough people complain to the ftc action will be taken. the ftc has a handy web form to fill out to file a complaint online at www.ftc.gov

It's pretty sad when the customers have to take legal action against as respected a company as Matrox... but if this is true, we might have to at least use it as a scare tactic.
    Can someone with legal background confirm whether or not this is the case?
    Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

The problem is the idiots at Matrox should have had the kinks ironed out a long time ago. They bait people in to pre-ordering by publishing on their website that the cards will be available in June, when they really won't be available until August/September. I think it would be the greatest thing in the world if legal action were taken against them. Then maybe they'd pull their heads out of their asses and not publish unrealistic deadlines on their web page. At the very least they're losing a ton of sales over their repeated delays.

Comment

Now if Matrox presold 15,000 max cards at 249.00 US funds and say collected $256.00 with shipping, that would be about $3,840,000.00. Then lets say they collect 1% interest on that over 5 to 6 weeks in there bank account that would be $384,000.00. now if they took half that $192,000.00 they could pay some 10 people $19,200.00 each for 5 to six weeks work to have all the software ready for the RRG I want to plug into my G400MAX. Never mind, I don't have my max yet I was just thinking outloud.

Comment

Hmm, do you really want a rushed card?

For me, I'm perfectly content to wait for my new toy, I was thinking of waiting a few more months actually for all the kinks to be ironed out.

------------------
          "putain qu'est-ce ça rame!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X