Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else with OEM G400 having probs with the Matrox tech demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else with OEM G400 having probs with the Matrox tech demo?

I am happy (not thrilled) with the D3D performance and Opengl still bites, but the most annoying thing (when trying to demo this to customers) is the the bloody Matrox tech demo freezes after running for a few seconds. If you 'warm the card up' first (looping Quake2 demos) then no problems. I've tried it in a number of of different machines, same result. Maybe Matrox is pulling the ole Diamond trick, "they're not substandard silicon, they're OEM".
    Games Box
    --------------
    Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
    ------
    Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
    -------------
    Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Hi,

I've got G400 - 16 MB OEM.
    The Techdemo runs fine on my system,
    but the only thing is that the menu looks
    totaly messed up... I can hardly read a thing.

tried 5.12 drivers also.....
    don't understand what's wrong....

But eyh.......

Marcel

------------------
    G400-16MB, Abit BX6 rev2, 96 MB, 6.4 GB Hdd (3x), Pent. II 350 Mhz (3.5 * 112)

Abit BX6 Rev 2.0, 96 MB, Matrox G400 32 MB DH, Intel PIII ~ 527Mhz, SBLive! - LiveWare 3.0,
    3 x 6.4 Gb Hdd's, Adaptec 2940UA SCSIcard

Comment

I think I can help here...

At first I couldn't get it to run at all, it would start loading, then drop back to the menu screen about halfway. Then I remembered that I had set my AGP aperture to 16MB while trouble-shooting AvP, so I rebooted, set it to 64MB, and tried again...SUCCESS!
      Try increasing your aperture size (Ouch, that's gotta hurt :< ), and give it a go.

------------------
      Life is a ride, Like days on a train,
      Cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.

Comment

I had A similar problem w/ my G200. My fix was going into the DX control panel & unchecking the 2 "Rasterizer" options on the D3D tab. I'm pretty sure they're just for software emulation anyway.

Comment

My menu is trashed but the demo is cool .I think the butterflys fly wrong but it looks nice otherwise

Comment

On 2 identically configured machines, one is flawless, and the other has flashing triangles all over the place... what gives with THAT?

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm on two identical machines what happens when you swap the cards over. Does the crashing jump over or does it still crash on the same machine.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. AFAIK, I already did have my apertue increased (very painful) to 128.
                I have the same gibbled up menu..but the more I look at it, I'm wondering if it's not just some artsy fartsy attempt to make it more interesting? The distortion doesn't look like visual defects to me, just that someone wasn't qualified to be using Photoshop.
                Anyway..the machine is at home, I'm at work, so I'll have to try monkeying with it again later tonite. Which reminds me, my little bro took 128MB out of my machine yesterday to finish a MAX project...have to get that back too I guess...
                BTW, the machine was overclocked (4*112), so I set everyting back to defaults (4*66), just in case the card was a tad sensitive, no difference.
                Thanks for the help folks!
                Games Box
                --------------
                Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                ------
                Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                -------------
                Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

TravTech: What is DX control panel, and where do I find it??

I'm having problems with the G200 Tech Demo exits after the menu screen (the screen turns black as if the demo is about to start, then I hear the first half second or so of the music, then the demo exits to dos.) The demo used to run fine before; I haven't a clue what made it stop running.. Have tried several combinations of different drivers without success, now I've removed all other cards and freshly installed win98; still no success.

(I do not have a secret passion for demos, it's just that it annoys me to have it not working, because it is a symptom that something is wrong...)

Magols

Comment

Pit - the messup stayed on the machine it was on. All other games run fine. ???

Darksyd - Yes, the menus for that demo are ugly. Whoever designed that demo needs to go back to fingerpainting.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X