No announcement yet.

Woohoo - my G400 is faster than a Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra 32MB on a P3-500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo - my G400 is faster than a Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra 32MB on a P3-500

1600x1200 - Timedemo1 - 35.2 fps

was my score with PD5.13

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwar...s_tnt2/e.shtml for the complete benchmarks ...

before anbody starts bashing, I know I picked one particular score and I did that on purpose

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

I'll be on holyday for the coming three weeks and I miss you folks already ;-)

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Sorry..

[This message has been edited by Bill Gates (edited 07-21-99).]

Comment

Sorry..

Comment

Sorry..

Comment

Sorry..

Comment

Sorry.. Sorry for these multiple posts..

Comment

OK Maggi.. I know, G400s has wonderful performance with high resolutions with their 256bit Dual-Bus architecture and extra memory to store the frames, and for the required bandwidth for high resolutions..

That's logical - and you could also see the same powerful performance with G400 MAX but even about 30-45% better performance..
              The UMA is near to perfect for this card, but the problem still lies on weak drivers and poor OpenGL support.

You could see it with the performance, when the fps margin is not that much of a difference with something like 1280x1024 compared to 1600x1200(With some lower sized textures of course)..

Poor driver support for the so called OpenGL ICD gives a result of a high CPU dependency.
              Because, the pipelines are not as yet sufficiently operational as they should be and therefore lags behind performance when it waits for the CPU to respond when it's calculating geometry, sound sources, etc..
              Yeah all that does somehow shows a bit that it is 'still' uncertain if the G400 has a poor Triangle Setup engine.
              Please note though, that it's still a claim.

Well.. I talk too much.. Nuff said.
              And yes, I know you're a graphics proffessional..

Oh yeah.. All that was just to say.. expect more from your G400 Millenium!!

Comment

OK Maggi.. I know, G400s has wonderful performance with high resolutions with their 256bit Dual-Bus architecture and extra memory to store the frames, and for the required bandwidth for high resolutions..

That's logical - and you could also see the same powerful performance with G400 MAX but even about 30-45% better performance..
                The UMA is near to perfect for this card, but the problem still lies on weak drivers and poor OpenGL support.

You could see it with the performance, when the fps margin is not that much of a difference with something like 1280x1024 compared to 1600x1200(With some lower sized textures of course)..

Poor driver support for the so called OpenGL ICD gives a result of a high CPU dependency.
                Because, the pipelines are not as yet sufficiently operational as they should be and therefore lags behind performance when it waits for the CPU to respond when it's calculating geometry, sound sources, etc..
                Yeah all that does somehow shows a bit that it is 'still' uncertain if the G400 has a poor Triangle Setup engine.
                Please note though, that it's still a claim.

Well.. I talk too much.. Nuff said.
                And yes, I know you're a graphics proffessional..

Oh yeah.. All that was just to say.. expect more from your G400 Millenium!!

Comment

LOL ... ain't you a bit trigger happy ?

Anyway, I know what to expect from my G400, I get new drivers once a week

The ICD cannot be THAT poor if my Celery gives my more FPS in an OGL game than a P3-500 does on a HercTNT2U ... you know Hercules, don't you ?

And what was that comment about me being a gfx pro ?

Also note that the score I posted was done with that public release of PD5.13 ...

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
                  Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
                  128MB 7ns SDRAM
                  G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

OK. I said sorry for so many times I seem to look a bit mad.

What do you mean if I know Hercules or not?
                    Of course I do!

Anyways, until graphic card drivers tend to fully optimise Intel's SSE instructions, you might not see a huge performance difference between a PII or PIII.
                    As some says, they are build upon the same core technologies.

That is also for Celerons with 128K Full speed L2 cache, as their FSB is somehow limited to 66MHz at most - ahem.. just to say that no overclocking is involved..
                    Again.. the 100MHz FSB(Or external clock frequency) is near to useless with the apps we use.. Since you are not a 3D design engineer or proffessional right?

The strange thing is.. I heard a person around here called Maggi that once said he worked with graphics for his job.. Hm..

OK.. At last. I am sorry for those 'dumb' multiple posts.

Comment

My question on Hercules was the fact that this particular company seems to be producing the fastest (overclocked) TNT on the world.
                      They use the highest clockrates and thus I'd call their boards competitive.

I don't agree, that we won't benefit from a higher FSB, for example the RAM runs 50% faster compared to an FSB of 66.6MHz.
                      And that gives an overall performance gain.

hehehe ... I am the one and only genuine Maggi.

I used to have my real name as an account on this forum, but that stooooopid server crashed once too often and lost my account

Since the last week a 'Maggi in Beta' was posting, giving some credits on me, but besides that he signed his replies with 'Jens', I have no clue who that would be ...

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
                      Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
                      128MB 7ns SDRAM
                      G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

piihhh! Bill , ofcourse G400 based cards are faster then TNT2 or UTNT2 & OGL is good this time & will be bether with NEW drivers revision...ofcourse did I told u that MY MILL-G200 8mbSD kick some major TNT ass ?!

ofcourse in d3d.. OGL but who care !

waiting for G400MAX in Croatia to be relesed...then watch u self TNT freaks !

Comment

Working...
                        X