Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig: G200 TV-Out question

Haig-

Do you know if G200 TV-Out vertical resizing capability is scheduled for a future driver release? If so, could you tell us a version number or a date when we can hope to see this?

We got horizontal resizing in 5.13 (which is great for widescreen DVD movies), but we're still waiting on vertical resizing.

Thanks for any info. Andy

[This message has been edited by pnkflyd51 (edited 07-19-99).]

Hi Andy,

Vertical resizing should get enabled with either PD 5.1x or PD 5.2x.

Haig

Comment

Haig-

Thanks for the info. That's great news! Pass along my thanks to the driver writers if you can.

Andy

Comment

The main reason I was anxious for PD 5.x was to re-size the TV out for DVD playback. I have it but can't find and re-sizing options. Can you please tell me where to find it?

Cheers

Tony.

------------------
        Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577 Mobo, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem etc

[This message has been edited by Tony Andrews (edited 07-20-99).]
        FT.

Comment

I would have to reboot into Win98 (I mostly use NT4) to make sure, but it's something like the following:

(first turn on TV-Out)

bring up Powerdesk properties, click the "Advanced" button, look for the "Monitor Properties" tab (I think one tab says "Monitor" and the other "Monitor Properties" or "Information"?!? you want the second one) Then the first big button I think is is the one you push. I can't remember what it's called... From there it's pretty obvious...

I'll try to reboot later in the day and edit this message...

Comment

Thanks - I didn't think of checking under monitor customisations.

I've now managed to fill the width of the TV screen, but it makes no difference to the monitor picture (obviously not too much of a problem).

I wonder if anyone can hack the profiles to make vertical adjustment possible?

------------------
            Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem, etc

FT.

Comment

I know from playing with XFree86 (Linux X Windows) years ago, guessing at the correct dot clocks and timings was a real bitch. This was before people put together a "database" of numbers for monitors and video cards.

I still look back at that as the most frustrating thing I've done playing w/ settings- and I'm a programmer/software engineer.

One problem at least w/ the way they work on XFree86, when you change a "vertical" number, the picture is affected horizontally as well (and vice versa.) Very annoying. I just hope this doesn't slow down the Matrox person writing the driver to give us the capability for the G200 TV-Out... I'd like to see that black box (now just bars) fully disappear

Comment

Someone somewhere on this forum suggested the 5.2x drivers would be out sometime this week. Lets hope Matrox deliver.

Cheers

Tony.
                FT.

Comment

Haig disavowed that rumor.

<a href="http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002253.html">http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002253.html</a>

Although Kruzin said we might get 5.15:

<a href="http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002245.html">http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002245.html</a>

[This message has been edited by pnkflyd51 (edited 07-21-99).]

Comment

Working...
                  X