G400, Win2K, OpenGL ICD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400, Win2K, OpenGL ICD

I am starting to worry about the G400 and support for Win2K and a good OpenGL ICD. Reading all the posts about lack of quality driver support for WinNT, and with Win2K about 2 1/2 months away from RTM, I am getting that same feeling I had when I purchased my G200 and the following month had to go buy a TNT. What scares me is the thought of having to wait months for a quality driver for NT and OpenGL ICD and having nvidia release their nv10 before Matrox even gets quality drivers out for the NT family. The latest build of Win2K doesnt have native drivers for the G400. Win2K professional looks to be a very stable OS for gaming, with support for DirectX 7 and the all the advanced OS features of NT it will be the OS choice of many gamers.

------------------

If you're going to need OGL and W2K support in your card, the only thing you can do is wait and see. You definitely don't want to go drop hundreds of dollars on the card, only to have to wait months for it to do what you need it to do. If you need it for business, you should probably be getting a 3dlabs Oxygen, Elsa GLoria, or some other professional grade card (these things suck at games however). If you can wait, then who knows, matrox may actually release a good icd... someday.

------------------
    Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
    Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, MillG200 8MB (Anxiously awaiting my G400MAX), SBLive! Retail, Win98SE

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Matrox are working on G400 (and newer G200) drivers for win2k. Don't know how good/bad they are, but they do exist, and are being worked on.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------
      Yeah, you know the score...
      (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Working...
      X