More G400 Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More G400 Delays

It would appear that distributors have been misinformed, which would explain your varying dates for the G400's.
    Matrox never updated them with the status of shipment on the G400's and other products. I was just told that Matrox
    updated PCStop.com with a new shipping date of 8/2/99, after they have been waiting for a shippment for several days
    that was supposed to have come on 7/15/99.

So it will likely be at least another 2 weeks before most people see their G400's they have preordered from
    non-Matrox companies. And since shipments are limitted, many people may have to wait much longer.

This is bad buisness, and Matrox is not making any new friends this way.

Hey, that was supposed to be a sad face, not mad, you guys need to fix your UBB setup.

Comment

Hi! I am upset about this myself.

I am from Hong Kong and I pre-ordered the G400 Max from my local distributor at the end of May. Until now the G400 Max has not been shipped to Hong Kong.

In any case after several e-mails to Matrox and after so many replies, I finally got an accurate release date for G400 Max for customers in Hong Kong.

Here is the e-mail I received:

Dear Mr. Mahtani,

"The G400 Max will should start shipping into the distribution channel within the early to mid August timeframe. Distributors in your area would be able to provide you with the best estimates of exact dates once the product starts shipping. Here is some contact information for Quasar Technologies(in case you don't have this already) and Xander, two of our distributors in your area. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-361-1408."

So if you are in Hong Kong you can probably be able to get the G400 Max in August and not September. This is good news. However, I have pre-ordered and probably there might be many others who pre-ordered. So I guess the first shippment will be over soon!

Regards,
      Manoj Mahtani

[This message has been edited by Manoj Mahtani (edited 07-20-99).]

Comment

There are 2 small, local distributors that already have the DualHead G400's in stock here is KC, MO. Maybe they have the OEM's and the retails are delayed. I don't know.

Jammrock

------------------
        PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

No one has mentioned it, but I bet that a number of retailers had the G400 Max pre-ordered from Matrox prior to the general public. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Matrox makes a lot more money from the public pre-orders than sales to vendors. If a vendor can sell the G400 Max at $200, then they are probably getting it from Matrox at $190, if not less. That compares to the $249 to $279 that the public pre-orders are paying (plus the immediate charging of the credit card vs. Net 30 or some such for retaillers.

Greg

Comment

Hey Manoj.
            I really wanted to buy a G400 with Dual Head and thought it was only something like 1500HK but I was shocked to see the price of 1900. Are you selling them for a cheaper price? Let me know

Comment

My guy says July 22nd is the new ETA for regular G400 dual heads to his distributor.

------------------
              "putain qu'est-ce ça rame!!!"

Comment

I ordered a standard G400, in the US. Part of the reason I bought the G400 other than the Max, is because I don't have the time to wait for the Max, but now they all seem to have been pushed to the same date.

The other reason is that I don't have any free PCI slots so the fan won't fit.

Get them out Matrox, please!

Comment

Working...
                X